UVA CNL 2013 Cohort - Page 14Register Today!
- Jan 31 by ccondrey22I don't think I can private message yet. Could you send me an invite or something?
- Feb 2 by soulshine101Quote from UVA Grad NursingI realize we won't know about financial aid for the Fall/Spring semesters until later in the summer but how soon will students know about how much we get loan wise for summer? I definitely need to get a budget together for summer. Thanks for the feedback!Soulshine:We will be sending out the scholarship application in March. We have no scholarship monies left for the summer (the end of the fiscal year). We will be making awards later this spring for the next academic year (fall 2013 and spring 2014) after the General Assembly determines the state budget for next year. We also use alumni gifts, the annual fund, and endowment revenue for scholarships. I will not know that amount of $$ to award until after July 1. So we will not know the precise scholarship awards for MSN students for 2013-14 until July. I cannot make precise awards until I know what my budget will be.
- Feb 3 by UVA Grad Nursing
- Feb 3 by ccondrey22I am trying to figure out how important being close and/or having a close parking spot is. Does anyone know how much of our stuff will be at night?
- Feb 3 by UVA Grad NursingClasses will likely be 8a-4:30p on Thursdays and Fridays. The clinical practica can be at any time from Saturday - Wednesday. The usual student parking lot is at University Hall/ JPJ Arena, and busses run every 15 minutes from 6am - 7pm M-F. There are University SafeRide vans or Hospital Shuttles that could take you from the Medical Center to the University Hall parking lot in the hours that busses are not running.
Over the course of the 24 month program, everyone will have some overnight shifts (7p-7a), evenings (3p-11p) as well as weekend experiences. Since all clinical practica are precepted 1:1, there is no set clinical schedule that all students in the program follow. Your clinical schedule will depend on the exact hours worked by your particular preceptor. For the first 15 months of the program, you will have a new preceptor (and a new unit) every 7 weeks.
- Feb 4 by ccondrey22Okay, that's really helpful! So it looks like to me our first round if clinical a start the end of July and go through August. Is that right?
- Feb 4 by UVA Grad NursingCcondrey
The OB practicum should start in mid-July and end at the end of the second week in August. Not everyone will be at UVa; we also use Martha Jefferson Hospital and Culpeper Hospital for labor/delivery experiences.
- Feb 9 by bhm319Quote from madellI just started apartment hunting, it's a little overwhelming! Are you in the area currently?Hi all!
I am looking for a roommate as well! I recently graduated from UVA as an undergrad so I know the area pretty well so let me know if you have questions. I would be nice to have a roommate in the program. Thanks! Can't wait to meet you all!
- Feb 13 by flkeysJust curious if anyone knows how placements are decided? Does the SON assign students randomly, do the students get to indicate a preference, etc.?? Just wondering about the upcoming OB placements.
- Feb 14 by soulshine101Quote from flkeysHey flkeys,Just curious if anyone knows how placements are decided? Does the SON assign students randomly, do the students get to indicate a preference, etc.?? Just wondering about the upcoming OB placements.
Did you ever find out how the placement goes?