Tidewater Community College 2012 Hopefuls? - Page 18Register Today!
- Sep 12, '12 by cupkakerThank u for the heads up on what to read! Im starting in October but definitely wanna get ahead while I can!
- Sep 20, '12 by Ski UtahIf anyone shows up here looking for the next years class, I started a thread for it called Tidewater Community College 2013 hopefuls..
Thank you to everyone that answered my questions.
Hey, I have one more...what book is all the reading in for the first class?
I guess I have 2 more questions---When did they notify you after you applied? They told us since we are applying for the Jan/Mar 2013 cohorts, and we will know by October/November---Just curious to know how long it actually took them past the deadline?
- Sep 20, '12 by virgolove34We knew exactly two months after we applied. Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you made out. The book we use is by Kozier called Fundamentals of Nursing I believe, by Pearson publishing.. the newest edition.. 2012.
- Oct 3, '12 by tcchopefulHey so how's the first class going? Cohort 2 starts in 2 weeks. I am so nervous/anxious!
- Oct 6, '12 by MegonLynn42Well now we are down to 12 official days. Nervous, I think is an understatement...... I can honestly say I am concerned with the work load. I have not heard anything positive and this concerns me. However, I am keeping my glass 1/2 full.
- Oct 6, '12 by virgolove34Nursing school is a very positive experience. Just going through this first class though, many of our lives have changed so quickly and we are still trying to adjust and find what works for us. There is a lot of reading and reading for understanding to apply the knowledge is different from the memorization we are all used to. But in my opinion, nursing school is not as bad as I thought it would be. I will say ive never been so tired though. I have an 8 month old and I choose to give her my time during the day and wake at night while she's sleep to read. That's how I balance my life at home and school. Everyone has to find out what works for them. Lots of us have children and jobs and we do just fine. I made A's on my first two exams and I didn't go crazy with studying and reading.. its all about balance and finding what works for you. Its a very good experience and goin to clinical allows you to get a break from classroom stuff and really experience the career you're aiming for. Sorry if this is long. I just want to help in any way I can. We worked so hard to get in so we all need to help each other stay in. Hope this helps.
- Oct 6, '12 by tcchopefulCongrats on your A's !!! That's so great to hear! I think we all feel like its going to be overwhelming and hard to adjust to, but I guess I just gotta suck it up and make some sacrifices these next 2 years and be selfish with my time
- Oct 6, '12 by virgolove34Thanks. Even though nursing school will take over your life, u still have to make time to do the things you enjoy. I like nursing school. I like that it challenges me and causes me to think. Y'all will do fine. Its just an adjustment and y'all always have our cohort to come to since we are only one class ahead of you.
- Oct 6, '12 by AtBatYou are so sweet, I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself.
- Oct 6, '12 by chmicha88I was wondering when u guys started early is it 8weeks school 8 weeks off or how does this cohot differences work,