Tidewater Community CollegeRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Tidewater Community College in Virginia State Nursing Programs, part of Virginia Nursing ... Hi All, I already know there's a thread for TCC; however, I decided to start a new one. I...by NursingStudent08 Jan 11, '10Hi All,
I already know there's a thread for TCC; however, I decided to start a new one.
I plan to apply in the fall. My application has been submitted and my transcripts are on the way
I am totally excited. Is there anyone else applying this year?
How is everyone funding their education? Due to my previous undergraduate degree, I have exhausted my financial aid. So, I will be on the payment plan God will work it out for me!
Hope to hear from future TCC RNs
Be Blessed guys...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=449316©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 18,792 Views
- Jan 14, '10 by psan2010Hi, I am in pre-nursing at TCC, the Norfolk campus! I used all of my GI Bill pursuing my business degree, which I finished and tried it out for 3 years, and now I am back in school as I started working in the medical field and found I really love it, although I work with animals right now and not humans!
You already submitted your application? I am soooo confused, and everytime I sit down with a "counselor", they do not make things clear. I have had a counselor try to steer me towards classes I DON'T need, like BIO 1, arrrghhhh!
I am in A&P 1, Developmental Psychology, and the Orientation course. Did you already have all these pre-reqs? What is the deadline for my application? I am thinking about taking my pre-reqs at TCC and then applying to as many other Nursing schools as possible.
- Jan 14, '10 by 2bnurseforce1I work for sentara, so I get a scholarship for nursing school, in return i have to work for sentara for 2 years.
- Jan 14, '10 by psan2010I have never heard of that! A scholarship would be wonderful, maybe I need to get hired by Sentara!!
- Jan 16, '10 by NursingStudent08Hi Guys,
If you have taken the SDV 101-Introduction to Health Care class at TCC, is there a book that the professor uses?
I just enrolled in the Dynamic Session class that begins next week.
If you can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.
Have a blessed weekend!
- Jan 17, '10 by studentnurselauriehi!!
i'm taking micro and sdv 101 this semester and applying for the spring for the nursing program...
i too have a bachelor's degree (in photography), so i'm on the payment plan as well, no more aid for me!
- Jan 18, '10 by NursingStudent08Ok, kool! Thanks for responding. Have you completed any other pre reqs?
- Jan 18, '10 by hoping2nurseI've taken SDV. You don't need a book and it's an easy A!
I'm applying to TCC but also planning to apply for Sentara's BSN (if I get placed in a late cohort with TCC, I'll just hold out for Sentara). I've had Math 3, English 111 and am taking AP 1 now and will take Micro this summer; I'll apply this Sept. for early admission for the Fall '11. I already have my BA in English so I have the majority of general ed classes. I am just lacking the math and science requirements so that's what I'm working towards.
You don't have to have all 3 sciences done before applying - just 2 of the 3 and if you don't have high school chem, one needs to be Micro.
Here is the website:
Good luck! I wish I could push fast fowards and get things going more quickly, but slow and steady wins the race, I suppose!
- Jan 18, '10 by NursingStudent08Ok, thanks for the info.
I plan to apply in September as well. Prayerfully, I will have the 9 points needed by then.
My plan is to complete Micro this summer then A&P I in the Fall. If that doesn't work then I will
definitely be ready in 2012! I am just excited to have gotten this far. I've been talking
about Nursing school for about 8 years now...never really pursued it!
I am just thankful for the strength to complete the general AdmissionApplication for TCC
I can't wait to finally begin Nursing School! I am ready for the hard work and long nights
- Jan 18, '10 by virgolove34I'm applying by the December 1st deadline. I've already taken English and am now in SDV and Bio 141. I'll probably take Bio 142 or 150 in the summer. Goodluck.