Thomas Nelson-Jan. 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on Thomas Nelson-Jan. 2012 in Virginia State Nursing Programs, part of Virginia Nursing ... New to this site. Just wondering if anyone has applied to Thomas Nelson's ADN program for the...by Hopeful2013 Oct 17, '11New to this site. Just wondering if anyone has applied to Thomas Nelson's ADN program for the January 2012 start date. Applications were due September 30, yet I still haven't heard anything. Anyone else waiting for a response? Any prior applicants want to share their experiences on what it took to get in? Any info would be appreciated....I think I may go crazy waiting to hear something!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=629893©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,592 Views
- Oct 24, '11 by RNhopeful2012As of today, I still haven't received a letter. I hope to hear something soon; I'm going crazy too!
- Oct 25, '11 by Hopeful2013So....I couldn't take the suspense anymore. I called the Nursing department and was told that letters should go out at the end of this week, or the beginning of next week. I guess we'll know something within a week...
If you dont mind sharing, how did you do on the TEAS? My overall score was an 84% (94th & 95th percentile). The percentile rank sounds great, but I just don't know if it will be enough to make the cut. It's a tough program to get into...I can't help but to keep thinking 250-300 applicants for 30 spots.
Best of luck to you!
- Oct 25, '11 by RNhopeful2012Thanks for making the call.... I can't believe it's taking this long (especially when it says mid-Oct in the handbook)! I scored a 89% (98/99 percentile), but I hadn't taken Micro yet when I applied (I'm taking it now); not sure if that will make a difference. I guess we'll find out in a week! Best of luck to you as well!
- Oct 29, '11 by RNhopeful2012FINALLY received the letter today .... I was accepted!!
- Oct 30, '11 by hlk250Hi guys, I got my letter yesterday. I was accepted to. So now not only has the letter wait killed me, now I have the two week wait for orientation. Congrats on getting in!! We beat out a tough crowd!
- Oct 30, '11 by RNhopeful2012Thanks! Congrats to you as well! Yes the next two weeks will be fun waiting to hear all the answers to the questions bouncing around in my head! They're not giving us much time before January to get everything ready, are they? Time to go daycare hunting and financial aid applying! See you in 2 weeks!
- Oct 30, '11 by hlk250Thanks! I'm so excited. I've already been in a nursing program once and i've done all the physical's and background checks before and they are def. not giving much time for that. Don't forget they have a few scholarship's that we can apply for, the application is due tuesday they have a few good ones that will help out with tuition A LOT! I would love to apply but I don't have the time to drive all the way to williamsburg this week. I live in gloucester so i'm going to be burning up the gas come January.
- Nov 2, '11 by Hopeful2013I also got in!
My letter somehow got lost in the mail, so I'm on my way to the Hampton campus to pick up a copy! Talk about an anxious wait! Congrats everyone!
- Nov 3, '11 by hlk250Congrats!! It's a good thing you caught that!!! See you at orientation!