Spring 2011 VCU hopefuls?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Spring 2011 VCU hopefuls? in Virginia State Nursing Programs, part of Virginia Nursing ... Hi all! Is anyone out there in the process of applying to virginia commonwealth? I'm applying...by chantie19 Oct 14, '10Hi all!
Is anyone out there in the process of applying to virginia commonwealth? I'm applying for the accelerated bsn program that begins may 2011. What other bsn programs are near Richmond?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=510313©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 14,067 Views
- Oct 15, '10 by UVA Grad NursingThe following schools offer BSN degrees for those with college degrees in another area. Some are accelerated BSNs (12-15 months), others enroll you into a 2 year program (18-24 months).
Bon Secours Memorial College (Richmond)
Eastern Mennonite University (Harrisonburg)
George Mason University (Fairfax)
Hampton University (Norfolk)
Liberty University (Lynchburg)
Marymount University (Arlington)
Norfolk State University (Norfolk)
Old Dominion University (Norfolk)
Radford University (Radford)
Sentara College of Health Professions (Virginia Beach)
Shenandoah University (Winchester)
Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond)
UVa and VCU also offer Direct Entry MSN programs.
- Hi Chantal,
I also am applying to VCU for May 2011 Good luck to you! Did you get everything in?
- Dec 7, '10 by chantie19Hi NoleMercy!
yes I'm applying to the accelerated Bachelor's program for May 2011. I submitted my packet and essay feeling so very good about it. Now I've been reading so many posts on allnurses about ppl not getting accepted with 4.0 GPA's! But keepin my head up!
I am moving to VA in a few weeks actuallyl and once I get there I'm still gonna apply to a few more programs. How about you?
- You have a 4.0? sheesh! that's impressive! I applied to Duke, University of Southern Maine and Medical University of South Carolina as well. I already heard from (and go into) USM. It's a relief to know I'm going to be studying nursing somewhere! What other programs are you thinking of applying to?
- Dec 7, '10 by chantie19I can really only apply to areas around Richmond, VA or to Chapel Hill. Myh usband is deploying to Iraq and I need to be around family to help with our 3 kids....yes 3 lol!
congrats on getting into USM!! That's got to be an awesme feeling! Are you going there or is your heart set on another school? I've heard of good things of Medical University of SC...don't they have a chiropractor college?
The only program I"m gonna apply to are the Bachelor's and Master's, not sure which schools, will see in about a week when we get there :-)
- It's probably my 3rd choice behind VCU and Duke respectively.... however the Duke pricetag is kind of making me have a heart attack of it. So we'll see. Getting in somewhere is just a huge relief, because at least I know I'm going somewhere, you know?
That's awesome though that you're applying to VCU. The wait is killing me though...
- Dec 8, '10 by chantie19You and me both! Two more months lol! Before applying to VCU I had no idea how competitive it was.......so that's what's making me so anxious!
Best of luck..............hopefully we'll both find out soon. I'll post my reply :-)
- Dec 23, '10 by CathyladyPlease keep the board posted when you get accepted!
My daughter's in the traditional BSN program at VCU and loves it!
- Dec 24, '10 by NoleMercyWill do Cathy! I'm hoping so much I get in