Riverside School of Nursing Jan 2011 - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 26, '11 by twins4paigesI think that you have to have a 100 level math class. I had 6 CLEP credits and actually had to have them tranferred to TNCC to get a number level put on them. I thought that (moderator edit of name) was so helpful when I was trying to get my prereq's together. Have you talked to her at all? She facilitated the TEAS test, interviewed me and did my acceptance call.Last edit by LunahRN on Jan 26, '11 : Reason: TOS: please do not post staff/faculty names
- Jan 26, '11 by Graduate2010Quote from twins4paigesI think that you have to have a 100 level math class. I had 6 CLEP credits and actually had to have them tranferred to TNCC to get a number level put on them. I thought that (moderator edit of name) was so helpful when I was trying to get my prereq's together. Have you talked to her at all? She facilitated the TEAS test, interviewed me and did my acceptance call.
I've talked with her On Monday. But I've placed another call and await a call back. (moderator edit of name) is sweet. which classes didi you clep out of? Math isn't my strong area but I'm doing well so far in MTH. I need to ask her about MTH 103 at TCC. I hope they accept that one and I can just do that either over the summer or in the Fall. Are you in the class now? How is it going? Are you an LPN? sorry so many questions just excited.
Thanks for your help.
StephanieLast edit by LunahRN on Jan 26, '11 : Reason: TOS: please do not post staff/faculty names
- Jan 26, '11 by LunahRNJust a reminder ... per the website Terms of Service, please do not post staff/faculty names. I've edited the previous two posts. Thanks.
- Jan 29, '11 by twins4paigesSorry LunahRN, I forgot. I will be more careful in the future! She is listed on their site, so I should have just said that.
Stephanie, I was accepted into Riverside's part-time program, but then they shuttered it. I cannot do their full-time program, so I am applying to Rappahannock Community College's ADN program starting in the fall. I have so many prerequisites that at least the first year will be three days a week. And I may not have to take a class in the summer. I was very disappointed for a couple of weeks after getting the news, but I am now in the process of applying to RCC and excited about doing my clinicals on "this side of the water" :-)
- Jan 29, '11 by Graduate2010My apologies LunahRN....I will remeberfor the next time.
I'm sorry here about not being able to go to Riverside. Looks like I've changed my mind about it. I need to be on this side of the water (southside). I will spend my time taking prereqs for the LPN-BSN program for NSU. It's more convienient for me. The E/W sounds great and and it's not far from work and where I live. It's economically the better choice. Plus, I work full time days so I needed to something in the evening anyway. Riverside was a evening program for LPN-ADN but the drive would have killed me. I just didn't want to do the after doing it for 18mths for the past 2 years.
Good luck with the rest of your prereqs and I wish you must success @ RCC!
- Jan 29, '11 by twins4paigesStephanie,
I can completely relate. I only considered Riverside since it was 2 nights a week and then every other weekend. I could do the drive from Gloucester for that. Too bad that it is no longer an option.
For myself, I would not try to get to NSU, just too far. I'm glad that it is local for you and wish you the best!