Problem with ADN program at Fauquier Campus of Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC)Register Today!
This is a discussion on Problem with ADN program at Fauquier Campus of Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) in Virginia State Nursing Programs, part of Virginia Nursing ... Hi - I was recently accepted to the ADN program at LFCC. I had applied to the Fauguier campus...by Hacness May 8, '12Hi - I was recently accepted to the ADN program at LFCC. I had applied to the Fauguier campus since it is 10 minutes from home, but I got accepted to the Middletown Campus because they are not accepting students at the Fauquier campus at this time. I'm worried about this for 2 reasons. 1. It's an hour drive each way and gas and daycare are really expensive. 2. Makes me concerned about the quality of the program. Another allnurses user elightened me to the reason there is a problem at this campus, I'll copy the text from the VA Board of Nursing minutes below. I was just wondering what other people think about what this says about the program. I am planning to attend of course and I will drive to Middletown if I have to, but I hope it works out that I can attend Fauquier and if I do, that the program is good. I looked up their pass rates and they have been rising at both campuses over the last 5 years and were in the 80's last year. Doesn't seem bad. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Education Information Conference Committee dated January 18, 2012 that references the following:
Repeat Initial Approval Survey Visit
Lord Fairfax Community College, Fauquier Campus – Associate Degree Nursing Education Program, Warrenton
Action: Recommend placing the program on conditional approval and withdraw the authority to admit students until such time the Program Director submits the following:
1. Evidence that current students will obtain the required amount of mental health clinical hours as evidenced by signed clinical contracts, dates and time of each clinical experience and where each student is assigned;
2. Plan of action that addresses how the previous graduates who have not passed the NCLEX-RN exam will obtain the required mental health clinical experiences beyond the long term care experience;
3. Evidence that there is a sufficient number of faculty to prepare the students to achieve the objectives of the program;
4. Provide a completed preceptor packet to include the performance of skills for which the student has had faculty supervised clinical and didactic preparation [18VAC90-20-95.D.3.];
In addition, a Board representative will conduct a site visit to verify compliance with the mental health clinical experiences.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=707878©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,761 Views
- May 8, '12 by leenakI looked it up and apparently this provisional status has been granted for a while. Although generally a community college will work to meet the requirements, it is worrisome that this isn't the first time they have been 'warned'.
- Jun 29, '12 by Dreamscape118Hacness,
I am going into my second year ADN at the Fauquier campus. Yes, there are worrisome problems at Fauquier, supposedly they will know by the end of July whether they will admit a freshman class or not. In answer to your question, the Middletown campus is NOT having any of the problems like Fauquier. I've taken a few classes at that campus, and also talked to some of their ADN students. They love their professors and the Health Professions Building is new and very nice. In May at Fauquier, we met with a rep from the Board of Nursing. She confirmed that Middletown is not having any of these problems meeting state requirements. I heard the Fauquier 2nd yrs were able to graduate this year; not sure if they've received the okay to sit for the boards or not. Anyway, long story short. The Board of Nursing is working diligently w/ our program to get it right; don't hesitate to go to Middletown. I don't think you'll regret it!