NVCC (NOVA) Online Hybrid Program - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 2, '10 by Meg73I am curious whether anyone knows how many spaces are available in the Spring 2011 Hybrid Program given that they only admitted 17 out of 90 into the Summer 2010 Program. Thanks!
- Jul 2, '10 by summer03My understanding is that it could very well be the same this coming spring, as the program gets more and more competetive, especially for the Accelerated. It is a combination of less funding leading to less offerings and more demand caused by the continued economic stress. Initially I was going to apply for the Accelerated in-person, but it was dropped. My learning style is more geared towards in-person than online, so I did not apply for the hybrid. With all my non-nursing courses completed, a GPA of 3.8, passing my TEAS the first time with overall scores at the 75th percentile, a Bachelor's already, and as a permanent local resident, I am still not confident I would have been accepted into the Accelerated. As I said, I feel lucky to get into the Traditional.
I saw that they just accepted the Momentum students and have been more than once asking those just accepted into the 2010 Traditional to let them know if you also got into and were choosing Momentum or some program in another school. They have indicated there is a sizable wait list for the 2010 Traditional and want to free up as many spots and as quickly as possible from those going elsewhere. I am so happy to be staying in the Traditional!
- Jul 9, '10 by summer03I just had orientation and they sure do seem oriented towards teaching you the rules! I am trying to decide whether to buy my books at the NVCC book store or online, like at Amazon. I know online is way cheaper, but they said that the book store has pass codes include that you will need, but not get online. Anybody have any experiences or suggestions? Thanks.
- Jul 9, '10 by Flames9_RNI graduated May 2009, so the course has changed since then and most likely so has the text books. I purchased the vast majority of my books online from places like half.com, ebay. NVCC makes it difficult at times to do that, as they sometimes assign their own special ISBN #. I know for our program they also gave us the regular ISBN #. On the book list, their were some books that I barely used, ie the medical dictionary--google is ur friend! The Saunders Nclex book is VERY good! Might even see some of those questions in the program, somewhere along the lines!! I recall the LAB book required passwords, so that was one book that had to be bought new. But you could buy that book new elsewhere, but I'm pretty sure ur now using a different lab book than what we used.
We did HESI exams, those were tests one had to do once a semester, and you had to buy those from the book store. But for us, that was about it. Of course they want to scare you into buying books form the NVCC bookstore, it is all about making $$$$.
Other goods books to buy are the Reviews & Rationale books that correspond to what ur studying.
- Aug 2, '10 by 3boysmommyHi Kris,
I am currently in the NVCC's summer 2010 online hybrid cohort, one day away from finishing our first semester. It was incredibly competitive, so don't give yourself a hard time. They originally only had 13 spots available, but the cohort ended up expanding to 19 students. All of us were in-state residents with 4.0 GPAs. A previous bachelor's degree did not seem to matter, as it varied throughout the cohort. Everyone seemed to have scored extremely well on the ATI nursing admissions test. I scored in the 96-98th percentiles for each section. Others were consistently in the 90's or upper 80's.
Hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions!
- Oct 18, '10 by 1623Hello,
Does anyone know how may spaces are available for the Nursing Online Hybrid - Spring 2011 program at NOVA? Also have you applied and have you received any response from them yet?
I applied on Aug. 20 and still haven't received anything back. I know the deadline was Oct. 15 and we should receive letters of acceptance/denial after 2 weeks from application deadline. However, i'm a little nervous for the program is so competitive and wanted to have an idea of how many people applied and how many will be accepted. Do you have any idea?Last edit by 1623 on Oct 18, '10
- Oct 18, '10 by 1623Quote from Meg73I am curious whether anyone knows how many spaces are available in the Spring 2011 Hybrid Program given that they only admitted 17 out of 90 into the Summer 2010 Program. Thanks!
Were you able to find out how may spaces are available for the Nursing Online Hybrid - Spring 2011 program? Also did you apply and have you received any response from them yet?
I applied on Aug. 20 and still haven't received anything back. I know the deadline was Oct. 15 and we should receive letters of acceptance/denial after 2 weeks of application deadline. However, i'm a little nervous and wanted to have an idea of how many people applied and how many will be accepted.