NOVA Fall 2010 Traditional or 2+1 anyone??Register Today!
This is a discussion on NOVA Fall 2010 Traditional or 2+1 anyone?? in Virginia State Nursing Programs, part of Virginia Nursing ... Just wanted to see if anyone is applying to Nova's nursing program for Fall 2010. I keep going back...by jp6492 Oct 6, '09Just wanted to see if anyone is applying to Nova's nursing program for Fall 2010. I keep going back and forth about whether to do the traditional or the 2+1 momentum program. I am also studying right now to take the TEAS. I am so nervous... Anyone out there doing the same?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=429322©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,217 Views
- Apr 8, '10 by sassyeveyes as a matter of fact, i'm also studing for the teas i tried it last month and i bombed it so i'm studing hard to retake. We have a very limited time so i'm also very nervous. I want to apply for the traditional this fall.
- Apr 13, '10 by dsb26Hey! I am going through the same thing you are going through. It's great that I am not alone on this matter. I too am studying for my TEAS exam as well and want to start this fall. I am also debating whether traditional or 2+1 is better for me. I feel like all of that time gap of no school will get to me, any thoughts? Glad I found your post!
- Apr 15, '10 by latoya7161HI, I am confused. Nova requires you to take a TEAS test? I already submit my application for Fall 2010 but I was not told this.
- Apr 16, '10 by RNwannabe2011Quote from latoya7161Yes, it's #9 on the pre-admission check list for the traditional program, not sure about Momentum.HI, I am confused. Nova requires you to take a TEAS test? I already submit my application for Fall 2010 but I was not told this.
Follow this link and then click on the pre-admission test information.
- Apr 16, '10 by CilantrophobeQuote from latoya7161That doesn't even make sense. You submitted your application or your checklist?HI, I am confused. Nova requires you to take a TEAS test? I already submit my application for Fall 2010 but I was not told this.
You can't even submit your application without completing the TEAS, because they won't approve your checklist without it...
I'm a current Traditional student. We are 3 weeks from finishing our first year!!!!!!!!!!
ETA: My opinion is that the 2+1 program is pointless considering you can simply go through the RN to BSN program after graduating the NOVA nursing program.
- Apr 20, '10 by tcs26I'm a current momentum student and just finishing up my second semester. One thing that's exclusive to our program is the guaranteed admission to GMU's school of nursing. While traditional students can certainly apply to Mason's RN to BSN program, the process can be competitive and leaves no guarantee. Mason has also made special agreements about credit transfers for momentum students, allowing many of our lower level classes to count as upper level classes so that we only have NUR curriculum to complete when we get to Mason. That being said, there are more credits to complete while in the momentum program (making it a more expensive option) and I have been told that the summer sessions are quite rigorous. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision
- Apr 26, '10 by CilantrophobeQuote from tcs26Guaranteed to GMU's school of nursing, but guaranteed spot in a program? I've heard that even the momentum students had to meet specific requirements to go directly into the nursing program at GMU.One thing that's exclusive to our program is the guaranteed admission to GMU's school of nursing.
It's not applicable to me anymore of course, just something I've been curious. Had I applied to the Momentum 2+1 program, I would have waited until this summer to actually start nursing classes. I'm glad I took the route I did!
Except the news on the street is that from here on out GMU isn't accepting NAS 161 & 162. Does anybody know if that is true? Kind of a bummer, if so, but not the end of the world. Just MORE classes I'll have to take to get my BSN. I don't regret taking NAS 161 & 162, because I was looking for the quickest route to graduating nursing school and getting a job, but it sucks that I took a couple of now obsolete classes.
- Apr 26, '10 by 2011RNtobeMason will nolonger take NAS 161 and 162 but they have a special "articulation" with Nova and will still take the Nas from Nova students. it's on the website
- Apr 26, '10 by tcs26Yes, we have a guaranteed spot in GMU's nursing program as long as we adhere to the GPA guidelines and successfully pass the nclex following graduation from NVCC. The transfer agreement between Mason and NVCC requires that Mason accept all NVCC students that maintain the required GPA and credit hours. This rule does not apply to the school of nursing. They have their own criteria for accepting students and can turn away NVCC students and RN's if there's no space (even if the GPA and other requirements are met). The momentum program is a combined program between Mason and NVCC and the purpose of the program is to complete a BSN degree from Mason in three years.