Marymount University Fall Cohort 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 5, '12 by jen_dsamuelI applied for the Fall 2012 program as well but for the third review deadline. Does anyone know when they will call for an interview or when the acceptance letter will be sent? Would it be best for me to contact them to find out instead?
Any suggestions would be helpful
- Jun 13, '12 by MU_KnightI also applied to MU's Nursing program for this Fall 2012. I was running a tight schedule with Shenandoah's deposit fee, so I asked our nursing admission adviser,Ms. Brown and she let me know I got in.
That was last week June 8. Again, I think it was because I had another conflict with SU's deadlines.
- Jun 14, '12 by jen_dsamuelThanks for the info MU_Knight. Do you think I'll be better off calling Miss Brown to see if I was accepted, or should I just wait to see what type of letter I'll be getting in the mail? Thanks in advance for your input
- Jun 14, '12 by MU_KnightContacting Ms. Brown would definitely be faster than waiting for a letter. I still haven't received my letter or packet yet, but have received the financial letter that has the grant information. I am going to assume that means I am accepted on record. It is interesting how nothing else has been sent. June 15 is the official date of notifications, so there is some time left if you would like to wait . Best of luck!!
- Jun 15, '12 by bombshell12Hi everyone!
I got accepted in MU 2nd degree nursing for Fall 2012. I have not recieved my letter of acceptance yet but I called and they told me that I was admitted and to wait for an envelop with all the information in the mail.
I am out of state student and I am not familiar with the area... I will need to find a place to rent. Does anyone know about a safe and affordable area where I can rent. I will appreciate any information you could provide me with.
Thank you, and see you all in fall 2012..
- Jun 15, '12 by roxy76Hey everyone! I just got my acceptance letter last night and I'm SO excited to start! Does anyone know when the orientation is? Also, like bombshell12 I may be looking for cheap rent in the area too because I currently live in Baltimore, MD. I think the commute would be a little rough! Any locals know where a good place to live is? Thanks!!!
- Jun 17, '12 by jen_dsamuelI just received my letter today and i too am looking for an affordable place to live. I don't mind sharing an apartment if anyone is interested.
Any ideas on tuition costs? On the website, i read that it'll cost about $34,000 (with room and board), but comments from other ABSN graduates stated that it'll cost about $80,000 to attend. Am i missing something??
Can't wait to meet you all!!!
- Jun 24, '12 by supersarah3390Hey everyone! I will be attending in the fall as well! Can't wait to meet everyone! My family lives in the dc area but I think it would be smartest to get a place close to school for commuting purposes (traveling in the dc area is a pain in the butt to put it nicely). I looked on Craigslist and there are some group houses for reasonable rent (500-700) and it seems like the other places available for rent get cheaper the more people you live with. I am all about trying to live with other nursing students so if anyone wants to try to look together for a place let me know! I currently live in Florida and won't be back until August but I have friends and my mom in the area who have offered to go check places out to make sure they are not sketchy or anything before we rent them out. Supposedly the ballston metro has a bus that goes straight to marymount so that might be a good area to check out.
Im 22 and went to undergrad at university of Florida, hence why I am still in Florida, however I grew up in Maryland my entire life prior to that. Arlington is a great area and i can't wait to be back home. I'm pretty low maintenance and social, however I'm not sure how much social life this program will permit, I expect we will be studying a lot. My name is Sarah Spector so feel free to Facebook friend/stalk/etc
- Jun 27, '12 by Laur WillI am from North Carolina and am part of the ABSN Fall 2012 Class as well. I am starting to look for housing besides Wood Lee Arms and Archstone Ballston Square because Admissions tells me these are currently filled. ( I am 6th on the waiting list) Interested in sharing an apartment? Are you planning on living in the Graduate Housing?
- Jun 27, '12 by Laur Willsupersarah3390, I am from Raleigh, North Carolina. I am trying to find an apartment and room with Marymount ABSN students this Fall 2012 as well. I'm going up there beginning of July to look around at apartments besides the apartments offered by Marymount ( Wood Lee Arms and Archstone Ballston Square) because admissions tells me these are full. I am VERY interested in rooming with nursing students!! SO excited to meet you all!!!
If anyone is interested in trying to get an apartment together for Marymount Fall 2012? Contact:
Lauren Mohr - Facebook