Marymount Accelerated Fall 2011 - Page 4Register Today!
- Apr 18, '11 by Mamz1hey YvonneABSN,
I too, am in the same boat as you are.. I will be moving from Chicago and searching apartments online even on Marymount's offcampus housing website is a tough call! I plan on making time after this semester is over with to fly down there and physically examine what I saw on the offcampus housing site and on Marymount Uloop. you can check those out.
- Apr 18, '11 by mustudentnurseQuote from YvonneABSN11Hi! I came from CA and moved over here with no clue what I was doing.Hi! I plan on attending MU's ABSN program in the fall of 2011 and I just discovered the magic that is allnurses.com. I'm moving from California and I have no idea how I'm going to find housing near by and I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat or had any advice.
I will have an opening in my apartment if you’re interested.
- Apr 18, '11 by YvonneABSN11@Mamz1 Thanks so much for the advice! I look forward to meeting you in real life!
- Apr 18, '11 by YvonneABSN11@mustudentnurse I saw your earlier post about your room opening but I don't think I'll be able to move in that early either
Thanks so much btw for your answers to the questions from the other group members! I was also wondering, as a fellow Californian, how did you like Northern VA?
Also, I've heard some mixed rumors about job opportunities in VA, have you been able to find a job?
- Apr 18, '11 by Mamz1You are welcome Yvonne, I also look forward to meeting you in school once we all finally get there!!!
- Apr 21, '11 by Lee2011I heard back on April 19th! I got in!
- Apr 21, '11 by Mamz1welcome to the club, Lee2011
- Apr 21, '11 by Crucial@mustudentnurse- since the ABSN is for students that already have a BS/BA, how would you compare the workload and subject matter of the ABSN compared to your workload etc from undergraduate school? Does any of you rclassmates work part time during the program? Thanks for your helpful advice and opinions, it's nice to have a place to hear what we're getting into.
- Apr 21, '11 by TAC11I was accepted about a month ago as well, and am very excited! I am still waiting to hear from a couple of other schools, but I likely will attend Marymount. I too will be moving from afar and at a loss for what and where I should get an apartment.
- Apr 21, '11 by soon2bnurstudentI went through the ABSN program at MU and would not suggest that you work if you don't have to, for at least the 1st semester until you get your feet wet and see how you adjust. It is a demanding program. If you do work at all during the program, I would limit it to 20 hrs max and it has to be a very, very flexible job.