Lord Fairfax (LFCC) 2012 Program Admission - Page 4Register Today!
- Jul 19, '12 by Malibu0827So I just got off the phone with Emma Hott & Carol Williams. They said that they are waiting on a letter from the Board of Nursing, and Emma insinuated they had been approved to admit students into the ADN program at Fauquier. They did not know when they would receive the Board of Nursing official letter and were hoping for early next week.
Carol stated Middletown will not be accepting any more people from the waitlist. She said if admission is approved, they will fill the Fauquier campus from the wait list. She stated if picked from the wait list, you will receive a phone call first and a letter later. Again, she couldn't tell me where I was on the wait list because she just didn't have that information. They both seemed annoyed that they hadn't received the letter and were very nice when they said they're in a waiting game too with the Board of Nursing.
So looks like it's Fauquier campus or nothing at all, which I'm okay with. If I got into Middletown it would have been hard to commute that far, but I would have done whatever I needed to do to begin the nursing program. So again, waiting on the board of nursing and maybe a phone call to make all my dreams come true!
- Jul 19, '12 by onebusycatOhh. I talked o Emma and she said it was too late - So. ..... That's strange that you got a different answer. Emma said they weren't even sending letters. Do they know when? Fauquier is good for me - soon we will know I hope! Thanks for calling and getting somewhere!
- Jul 23, '12 by onebusycatThis is worrisome as it is getting late - classes start in a month!
- Jul 25, '12 by onebusycatI looked at the course schedule online and there are first year nursing classes at Fauquier with 20 student capacity and 19 openings. That is a good sign! Also I talked to Carol yesterday and she told me the same info you got Malibu - they are waiting for a letter from the Board. I did, however, get a name and number of the person in charge of this mess. It is Soraya Green - 540-351-1529. Feel free to call her. I'd love to know more! She will get the ball moving when they receive the letter.
- Jul 26, '12 by onebusycatI called ms green - she told me they are mailing out letters! She also told me I was accepted! Yeah!!! at Fauquier. Malibu - if you want to wait you can wait for the letter but I posted ms green's # on a previous post if you want to call!
- Jul 27, '12 by Malibu0827CONGRATULATIONS! I tried calling Ms. Green a million times, but it is just going to her voicemail. I finally got a hold of a very irritated Emma Hott who asked my name and then told me I should be receiving a letter and have until August 10th to reply. I asked if it was a letter of acceptance and she said she couldn't give that info out over the phone because she couldn't verify my identity ... all she could tell me was that I should be receiving a letter and I have until the 10th to reply? She said the letters should be going out today (7/27/12), so I hope I receive it by tomorrow! I couldn't imagine they would send me a letter of denial to reply too! So I'm 99% sure I'm in too! So freaking excited! After all this ... I just can't believe it! Again CONGRATS GIRL! See you in a few weeks!
- Yeah - after all this waiting! As I said I was accepted at Northern Virginia CC back in June. We have already done our drug and background checks, orientation, enrolled in first semester classes and got our clinical assignments along with working on immunizations and CPR. Get ready to get busy as classes start August 20 and all this has to be done before then.
I am waiting until I get my letter of acceptance from LFCC and then I will drop out of NVCC. Fauquier is closer - the NVCC classes are in Springfield and I live in Lovettsville. My first clinical assignment was in Woodbridge - 60 miles away. Ms Green said almost all our clinicals will be at Fauquier Hospital.
I plan on starting a facebook page for our group once we are all enrolled. NVCC had one and it proved very beneficial in helping us figure everything out from orientation to enrolling in classes.
Can't wait to meet you and our fellow classmates soon! Where do you live Malibu?
- Jul 27, '12 by Malibu0827I live in Bealeton, so I am literally like 10 minutes away from the campus! Very excited this whole wait list things worked out in our favor and we're at Fauquier. I can get all my immunizations through work, so that's atleast an easy check off my list. I'm already CPR certified through VA CPR, so that's done too. I wonder if the class will be completely filled. So incredibly excited! Can't wait until tomorrow, hoping we receive our letters!
- Good - I got my immunizations and CPR for work too! If you go to the search classes as if you were enrolling and search under nursing they are broken down to campus - MC means Middletown and FCC means Fauquier. Last I looked there wet 19 spots for the Fauquier classes!
- Sorry for typos - FC and were