J. Sargeant Reynolds RN Program 2012-2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on J. Sargeant Reynolds RN Program 2012-2013 in Virginia State Nursing Programs, part of Virginia Nursing ... Hey Everybody! I was curious to know if anyone else applied to the JSR RN program for the Fall...by aprincess May 17, '12Hey Everybody!
I was curious to know if anyone else applied to the JSR RN program for the Fall 2012. Would you be willing to post your stats??? (GPA, Kaplan scores, etc). I feel very blessed b/c I orginally thought I'd missed the deadline but one evening while I was surfing the web I saw where JSR had extended their deadline...I was able to make it to the last information session, May 7th...and I took the Kaplan test all on the same day (Passed!) and applied to the program the following week.
My stats are a 3.8 GPA, 89% Math and 86% Reading (ran out of time)...not the greatest scores but I can't complain...I had no time to study before taking the test...oh yeah and a pre-req GPA of 3.5 (receive B's in my A&P courses and a 'C' in ENG 111) with no previous degree.
Anyone else out there on the waiting train to hear back from JSR nursing dept???
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=711568©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,552 Views
- May 17, '12 by tnbutterflyMoved to VA Nursing Programs for more response.
- May 17, '12 by Aprilslife1I submitted my application today for the RN program for fall "12"...My GPA is 4.0 on the Kaplan I scored 98' on the math & 93' on reading...so now is the hard part waiting to see if I'm selected. I was told applicants will be notified by the end of June.
- May 18, '12 by aprincessHey Aprilslife1...I'm with you on the wait...it's gonna seem like forever. So have you applied anywhere else outside of JSR? Good job on your Kaplan scores & GPA...do you have any previous degrees?
- May 18, '12 by Aprilslife1Thanks! Nope I don't have any other degrees. But I have been awarded a scholarship so as soon as I get my AAS degree I'm transferring straight into the BSN-MSN program at VCU. So I have to keep my GPA @ a 4.0-3.5 or I will lose it. I work really hard and I'm totally devoted to school so the scholarship will allow not to have to work only concentrate on school.
- May 21, '12 by lav42788I turned in my application for the Fall as well. My GPA is a 3.6 ( I had taken English in 06' and never went to class, got an F, restarted school last year took it and got an A, but it brought my GPA down from a 3.9 to a 3.6) I got a 100% on the reading Kaplan and a 93% on the math. I really hope to get in! Good luck to you!!! Hopefully they have enough slots to take a bunch of us! She says we will hear by the end of June, let the nail biting begin!
- May 21, '12 by Aprilslife1Good job on Kaplan & your GPA! I really hope to start in the fall. Waiting to get a response is going to seem like forever! I have my fingers crossed for all of us that applied.
- May 22, '12 by lav42788Thank you Aprilslife! Your GPA and scores are amazing! I'm sure you'll get in! When I went to the info session in April they had said that the lowest "score" that got in for the spring semester was a "31" ( once you do you're GPA x 5 + Kaplan reading x .10 + Kaplan math x .10). I'm not sure how many applicants they are taking right now so that makes me really nervous. I hand delivered my application and when I talked to the woman who does the admission she said that she wasn't sure, but it was more than the 12 slots that they had said that they had at the April 12'th information session because some of the people that were accepted were not attending the program. I really hope they have a lot of spots! The waiting is so emotionally exhausting! It makes me so anxious to not know exactly what I am going to be doing this fall! I really hope that we all get in! Please post when you get something!!
- May 22, '12 by aprincessOh WOW....only 12 spots before?!?!? I'm really glad they have more than 12 spots now but my goodness that statement is starting to make me a little nervous. I went to the information session on May 7th and there were at least 45-50 people there...with the new extended deadline the application pool has really increased b/c a lot of students (including me) were finishing up the last of pre-reqs this past spring semester. This application process will most likely be very very competitive.
Hey lav42788...when you went to the April 12th info session did they mention they had already accepted students into the traditional nursing track for the Fall 2012 semester?Last edit by aprincess on May 22, '12 : Reason: add on
- May 22, '12 by lav42788Yes, they had already accepted students that had already applied at the original deadline. At the information session in April they had 12 spots open for the Fall 12'. When I dropped of my application I talked to the lady who does admission and she said that she knew there were more spots than the 12 they had in April because some of the people that got accepted wouldn't be attending so that opened up some spots. Hopefully we get in!! I don't think my nerves can wait until the end of June. This is going to make me crazy.
The thing I keep reminding myself is that the LPN--RN program, Traditional program, and those who are transferring in from other RN schools are all in separate consideration for acceptance, but we all attend the same information session. So even though there are 45-50 people at the info session they may not all be doing the traditional tract. Thinking of it that way makes me feel like less of a nervous wreck. I have two toddlers and really need to start the program so I can finish and start working. Right now I stay at home so the longer I have to wait the longer we are on one income :/.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Jun 5, '12