J. Sargeant Reynolds RN Program 2011-2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 11, '11 by sshell38QUESTION !!! I am attending the nursing info session tomorrow for the RN program but I am stressing WAY to much! I have a 3.7 GPA right now and all I have next to do is to take the KAPLAN test but I am just to nervous! I bought the study book but the chemistry and the science is stressing me out! Also I heard you cannot use a calculator on the Kaplan test??! HELP ME PLEASE!
**** PS, do they even look at your high school GPA? Thats another thing is stressing me out. I did poorly in high school so i'm nervous to even apply!Last edit by sshell38 on Jul 11, '11
- Jul 11, '11 by lpainterHi All,
I got in for Fall 2011. I got a 4.0 in Pre-Nursing and a 3.8 in a previous BA program. And I did have to take the Kaplan. Everyone has to take it now. It really isnt as bad as I expected. I reviewed a Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam study guide and that helped.
Is anyone else going to the July 21st orientation at JSARG? Also, does anyone have any info at this point mailed or emailed to them other than the acceptance letter? I mailed it back as soon as I received it and havent heard anything since.
Thanks and congrats to all who got in!!
- Jul 11, '11 by lpainterHi Sshell38,
I dont recall any chemistry questions on the Kaplan test. There were lots of random A&P questions for the the science part. But dont worry too much about that part much, as it isnt graded. I scored in the 90's for the two areas that they did factor into the grade, Math and Reading. I totally overprepared for the math, and surprisingly did much better at it than the Reading. I think I used the calculator on the computer, but I dont remember using it much. If you know basic algebra, percentages, ratios, and can decipher these in a word program you will do well. If not, you can retake the Kaplan one time. I have heard that it is exactly the same test when you retake it.
As for people having 4.0's and not getting into the program it must have been that their Kaplan scores were too low.
Hope that helps. Good luck!!!
- Jul 20, '11 by jferrisI was also accepted as an alternate for the fall and signed up for the orientation tomorrow July 21st but have misplaced my letter. I know it ends at 2:30 but what is the start time and which room are we in?
- Jul 20, '11 by jferrisDo you know the start time for the orientation on the 21st? I misplaced the part of the letter I didn't mail in!
- Jul 20, '11 by karenleigh83Its at 8:30am-2pm...I went to the one today
- Jul 25, '11 by djmommieyes the RN program did change you must go to the orientation prior to applying and get the newest info there. the kaplan was not HARD, tedious at times but not hard. there was no calculus type math or rocket science. just basic reading and math, fractions, and decimals percentages etc. you can use the drop down calculator on the computer NOT your own claculator from home. you can get blank scrap paper from the front desk at the time you take test. bring your id and nothing else!!! leave everything in your car. save money and just read the book in the library or borrow it from a former student.
- Jul 25, '11 by stary01Karenleigh83
I went to the Wed orientation. What about you? Going made me extremely nervous! I'm the student who crams before tests!! I really have to focus to ensure I'm studying throughout the week! I was planning on working throughout the semester and taking classes for my Bachelors but I think I was being a bit too motivated. How do you feel after the orientation? Are you going to work or take any other classes?
- Jul 25, '11 by karenleigh83Stary01--
I am very overwhelmed after going to the orientation. I was planning on working very little while in school...my job is very understanding. I also cram for tests so i'll have to be more focused too. What section are u signing up for?? Email me at email@example.com and we ca
n chat more..
- Jan 20, '12 by alansbabyWhat were your math scores on the Kaplan? Just curious. Thanks!