GMU's 2nd Degree Accelerated BSN program for Fall 2012Register Today!
- by sKris Dec 11, '11GMU just posted the application for the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN program for this coming fall. Anyone else applying?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=652605©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,493 Views
- Dec 11, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to VA Nursing Programs forum for more response.
- Jan 3, '12 by Pointe1978Quote from sKrisHi! I am considering it. Would anyone mind sharing their credentials (GPA, experience, HESI score)?GMU just posted the application for the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN program for this coming fall. Anyone else applying?
- Jan 8, '12 by sKrisPonte1979--
I'm sorry I did not see your response earlier. I am hoping to turn in my completed application tomorrow. I have an undergraduate degree in Math with a 3.8 GPA and A's in all but one of my pre-reqs. I did well on the HESI with a 94.8 composite although A&P was my lowest section with an 84. I don't really have any experience. I have volunteered at a pediatrician's office for a few months but that is the only medical related thing I have done (beside having 4 kids lol).
I know GMU is very competitive and I'm very nervous. Good luck if you decide to apply!
- Jan 9, '12 by Pointe1978Those are great GPAs and scores!! I'm sure you're application will be competitive!
Mine are not as good. GMU is kind of a wish and a prayer for me :-) BA in Psychology, 3.48. All A's in my pre-reqs except for two. I also got an 84 on A & P scection of HESI. Received 100s and 90s in everything else except for implications and understanding. I HATE those sorts of questions! What does the writer want you to get from this? I answer as to what I derived from it, and then you tell me I'm wrong...UGGG!
I do have a Masters degree in Health Care Management, 3.9 GPA, an internship in the OR, and some medical office experience. I'm hoping this will compensate a bit for grades and score?
Good luck to you!
- Apr 5, '12 by rnva012Anyone else still waiting for their decision letter? I have major anxiety because my back-up plan is VCU and they start on 5/14!
- Apr 5, '12 by Pointe1978Quote from sKrisI just got my acceptance letter from Mason but have not heard from the nursing program. Oh the anxiety:-(!!!!GMU just posted the application for the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN program for this coming fall. Anyone else applying?
- Apr 5, '12 by sKrisMy GMU letter came yesterday and the nursing school one came today!! I can hardly believe it. I think they send them out in batches so don't worry yet.
- Apr 5, '12 by Loby7641I heard from the BSN program today, really excited since Mason was my first choiceLast edit by Loby7641 on Apr 5, '12
- Apr 9, '12 by CCaralainCongrats all! I received my admission letter last week as well!
Does anyone know on which campus our classes (and clinicals) will be held? I hope it'll only be at Fairfax and not at Prince William.