Anyone in the Virginia Beach area know about schools for LPN?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone in the Virginia Beach area know about schools for LPN? in Virginia State Nursing Programs, part of Virginia Nursing ... Hello - I'm in a toss up between a few schools. Done my research but would like to see if there...by Lisa7 May 16, '12Hello -
I'm in a toss up between a few schools. Done my research but would like to see if there are any fellow Va Beach/Hampton Roads area students on here that may know about or went to some of these schools.
Im looking at MCI (through ECPI University), Fortis College and Centura.
If anyone has these schools in their area any advice or experiences are greatly appreciated too.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=711054©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,127 Views
- May 16, '12 by KizzietHello.
I just finished Centura in Richmond. I enjoyed every minute of it. My instructors were great & the clinical sites were good.
I know it's not in the area you were looking for, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents about the school. :-) Good luck on your search!!
- May 16, '12 by Lisa7Kizziet:
Thank you for the reply
How long is their program? I have an appt to see them but haven't been yet.
MCI is 14 months and Fortis is 15 months.
- May 17, '12 by mermcm83Just finished Norfolk tech center (vo tech) 18 month program, follows public school schedule the first half of program, only $8400 excepts financial aid....passed my boards this week! Good luck
- May 17, '12 by Lisa7Thanks mermcm83 And CONGRATS to you on passing thats awesome! Good luck to you!
- May 17, '12 by mermcm83Thank you!
- Oct 11, '12 by ewilliam12im trying to find a lpn program to do too, i have looked into ecpi but i have heard ALOT of really bad things about that college as far as credits transferring to an rn bridge program and the cost and everything but i havent heard anything about anything else im meeting with someone from centura college tommorow so hopefully i find out some more information and can find a program to enroll in!! also one thing i do know about centura that i like is they have classes starting every 5 weeks which is pretty cool
- Oct 11, '12 by mslopezI go to MCI in Virginia Beach, this is my second week. I also looked at fortis which I liked but I was worried b/c of the accreditation status. Their tuition was a little bit lower, but I decided to go to MCI. If you have any specific questions I can try and help answer for you just let me know!!
- Oct 13, '12 by tparker17234Hi! I'm a 2nd level LPN student at Fortis and I'm enjoying it! I've had good instructors so far. Hope u find what you're looking for, but make sure it's the right fit for YOU
- May 15 by LPN2RN2015I'm starting Fortis College in Norfolk and wanted to know current students input. I already have most of my basic classes so don't have much to go. Any input is helpful. Thanks