virginia collegeRegister Today!
- by rodgers31 May 18, '11Has anyone completed the LPN or RN program at any Virginia College? Were you able to take boards when you finished? Hoping to hear that someone was able to take boards.
- May 20, '11 by NursiebreeI'm in the RN program now at Norfolk State University. My school meet accreditation at regional and national standards so yes , this coming spring I will be able to sit for boards when I graduate. I don't hear too many failing stories from NSU , most people here always pass NCLEX . However , I don't know where in va or what kind of school you're looking to go to
- May 20, '11 by HoneyGambleQuote from NursiebreeI'm in the RN program now at Norfolk State University. My school meet accreditation at regional and national standards so yes , this coming spring I will be able to sit for boards when I graduate. I don't hear too many failing stories from NSU , most people here always pass NCLEX . However , I don't know where in va or what kind of school you're looking to go to
Hi Nursiebree, I have been looking for someone who is actually in Norfolk State's nursing program and have been trying to get feedback. Can you tell me more about your experience there so far? Are you in the ASN or BSN program? I have been hearing there is alot of self learning and I'm wondering if that is true? I have applied for the ASN program, took the NLN exam, and now I'm waiting to find out whether or not I got in. Any feedback or information would be greatly appreciated.
- May 23, '11 by NursiebreeIm in the ADN, you must graduate the ADN before you can go into the BSN program. I do not know if the people who told you that was in the program or not but I LOVE THIS NURSING PROGRAM ! the faculty and staff is very helpful I mean this is a nursing program and some things you just have to know from reading. The instructors tell you everything that's important and 9 times out of 10 it will be on the test. no surprises. Since its an ADN prog. its fast paced and they cant tell you everything however, they focus on what you will be tested on for NCLEX. we are regionally and nationally accredited so we exceed the requirements of accreditation. did you come to the school and take the nursing entrance exam in April or take one by the school ? or have you applied to the Dept. Of Nursing
- May 23, '11 by HoneyGambleI took the NLN exam in April and I'm just waiting to see if I got in. I have been hearing some things about the program that were not positive and that is why I wanted to get some feedback from someone who was actually going through it. Thanks so much for the info.
- May 23, '11 by Nursiebreewelp , from what I hear we have one of the best programs around. But you can't believe everything negative you hear. but you heard my opinion . I could be bias because I am a true spartan and i just have major school spirit. but i think the program is VERY challenging and time consuming but it's worth it, in my opinion.
Good luck )
- May 24, '11 by NursiebreeAnd yes , our students take Nclex (stateboards) every year bc we are an accredited schoolb. I will be taking mines next may when I grad
- May 24, '11 by HoneyGambleHey, I have checked Norfolk State's NCLEX pass rate for the last couple of years on the BON website and it was not that high however it was not the worst. I'm wondering what is going on with that? I know as a student it is our responsibility to study properly for an exam and I'm guessing they did not properly prepare themselves. I don't know. It is good to know that you are being properly prepared for the NCLEX and you are enjoying their nursing program so much. You have me looking forward to it. I hope I get accepted there.
- May 25, '11 by Nursiebreeyes they teach us the material and the students have to read NCLEX books and study as they go along. my ftiends who came out last year ( 3 ) are now RN's . they studied hard and took the KAPLAN course . but yes I do enjoy it. I hope you get accepted also
- Jun 3, '11 by HoneyGambleQuote from Nursiebreeyes they teach us the material and the students have to read NCLEX books and study as they go along. my ftiends who came out last year ( 3 ) are now RN's . they studied hard and took the KAPLAN course . but yes I do enjoy it. I hope you get accepted also
Well Nursiebree, I got accepted . I'm so excited and I have sent in the letter confirming that I will be attending. All I have to do now is get the liability insurance, do the background check, CPR class, physical, and purchase my uniforms. Who knows maybe we will see each other on campus. I hope you are having a great day and I hope you enjoy your weekend