Tidewater Community College 2012 Hopefuls? - page 6
by virgolove34 27,414 Views | 228 Comments
Just wondering if anybody is considering TCC... they had two application periods for the fall semester.. december 1st (2011) deadline and march 15 deadline (2012).. im applying in the march group but I know I can't be the only... Read More
- 1May 22, '12 by ivikatashaHey guys. I am currently in the nursing program, in nursing 170, so I can answer the question about the pants and stuff. You should really buy the school's pants from the bookstore. If you try to by them elsewhere and they look different, they may not let you into clinical, and you cannot miss any clinical.
If you have any other questions I will try to answer them.
Congrats on getting in! Enjoy your free time while you can
- 0May 23, '12 by ivikatashaQuote from tcchopefulHey @ivikatasha what are the clinical schedules like? Are they always on tues and thurs? And do you have a say on it? I'm trying to give my boss a hheads up on when ill need off
Yes, but it is possible to have saturday clinical but it seems to be super rare. Just keep your tues & thurs free. Most of the time they are 12 hours, so you would just go either tues or thurs. Some are 6 hours though, tues and thurs. The instructors will let you switch clinical groups between classmates if a certain day or time doesn't work out for you.
- 0May 24, '12 by eugeniambellThank you! Cohort 2.
Completed the BLS for healthcare workers last night. If any of you are taking the class on Diamond Springs Road, the instructor Chris is awesome. The 3 1/2 hour class went by fast. I paid for the book but we didn't use it once.Last edit by eugeniambell on May 24, '12
- 0May 24, '12 by virgolove34I wonder if anyone will be in the first cohort with me.. guess my cohort doesn't use allnurses lol. But the place on diamond springs is the only cpr class I could findwhich sucks because I live in Yorktown. I didn't see any 3 and a half hour classes though. I need to go look again. I thought it said every Saturday.
- 0May 25, '12 by virgolove34O ok.. yeah I did see they have Wednesday classes but im in a and p 2 on Wednesday nights so I have to go Saturday. I scheduled mine for june 2nd.
Did anyone go to the doctor for their physical yet? Im not sure what titers are? I have my shot record and know I've got immunizations for some of the diseases but how does titers work?