Tidewater Community College 2012 Hopefuls? - Page 21Register Today!
- Oct 22, '12 by virgolove34I joined a study group of 4 early on. We meet twice a week. Fridays and Sundays. I think the study group is what helped me prepare. We come having read most or all of the readings for that test and we go through each chapter picking what's important and explain things in different ways.
The way I studied is after the study group, I would only read what I highlighted as important from each section and if I didn't understand a certain part or didnt think I could remember, I would write it down to review later, but I didn't write down what I already knew or what could be considered common sense. If u form a small study group, that's going to really be helpful as long as you all are on the same page. We still have our study group in this class. Read for understanding and not memorization.
Some test tips... Don't over think or read too deep into the questions. Don't put extra info into the question that's not there. Highlight important key words and pay attention to the questions that say select all that apply. When answering those questions, cover up all but the first answer choice and mark whether the statement is true or false in relation to the question, then move to the next one covering up those answers and so one. U really see the answers individually rather than 4 or 5 possible answers.
- Oct 22, '12 by tcchopefulThat's my problem..I'm focusing too hard on memorizing rather than actually getting it. I'm going to try and set up something this weekend for studying for the test Monday. Thanks for the test tips!
- Nov 29, '12 by tcchopefulSo nur 108 is almost over and I am glad because I need a break. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be...its just so time consuming. I am going to miss my instructors. How was pharmacology? Was it harder than fundamentals?
- Nov 30, '12 by virgolove34Quote from tcchopefulYeah 108 was definitely time consuming and you'll def love 130's schedule, out on Mondays and Fridays . I'm glad you're doing well. Ms. K definitely will always be one of my most favorite teachers. She's truly amazing and i had her for clinicals. Pharm is going well. I aced my first two tests but haven't had time to read for the next one and the final and 3rd test are a week apart. Fun stuff. But I will say, don't be intimidated by the pharm instructor if you have her in clinical. It may seem like she's tryin to break you but she just knows what it takes to be a competent nurse and so at times it will seem like she's being really hard but she's actually very nice.So nur 108 is almost over and I am glad because I need a break. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be...its just so time consuming. I am going to miss my instructors. How was pharmacology? Was it harder than fundamentals?
- Nov 30, '12 by tcchopefulThat's funny because I was intimidated by ms g and now she's my fav. Clinicals intimidate me but I'm getting better with the flow of things. So far we've only lost one person and I hope it stays that way. I got lucky with my class. No drama! Do clinicals start the first week in pharm?
- Nov 30, '12 by virgolove34Definitely not the first week. Our class had a Tuesday clinical group and Thursday clinical group. Our clinical started the 29th and the Tuesday group started the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. 3 twelve hour clinicals for this class.
- Nov 30, '12 by tcchopeful12 hr clinicals stink. but at least there's no class on mon and fri.
- Dec 9, '12 by chmicha88Ladies I need some of your help I'm looking at the required books for 108 and its so expensive that is it matter if we buy them used and without the DVD and things from the internet what is the best options. I need help,
- Dec 12, '12 by tcchopefulI would say buy it new. Because then you won't have to buy mynursinglab separately