Is there anyone accepted to Lynchburg College Accelerated Nursing Program.
- 0May 21, '12 by mas28Hi eveyone,
I am a old pro to this all nurses thing. I recently was accepted to Lynchburg Colleges
Accelerated nursing program. I applied and didn't get into VCU's AMSN program. So this is my backup, and it worked out so.... I was wondering if there was anyone else out there waiting to start.
Looking forward to chatting.
- 2,481 Visits
- 0Aug 7, '12 by mas28Thanks bsfrye, and I don't mind sharing my stats at all. As you know from considering Lynchburg College, they require at least a 3.0 for undergrad and prerequisite gpa. They require stat, a&p I and II, nutrition, chem of life, and developmental psych. So I had all A's in and a B in my preq's. I received a B in statistics. My prereq gpa was a 3.8, but my undergrad gpa was a 3.14. So don't count yourself out if you undergrad gpa isn't the best. I think like most nursing schools, they look at your sciences and prereq gpa. Because really, they don't care what you got in economics or english 111, otherwise they wouldn't put specific prereqs for prosepective students.
The deadline for May 2013 is April 1st for the program. It's a new program and the first time they are doing it. It's a 2.5 year BSN program for people like us with a BS already.
If there are any other questions you have, please feel free to let me know. If I don't know already, I can definately find out for you.
Good Luck bsfrye,
p.s Oh my background is surgery. I have been a surgical first assistant for the past 4 years.
- 0Mar 17, '13 by mas28Quote from kieri310Hi Kieri310,Hi mas28! I too was accepted into the accelerated nursing program and leaning toward going there! Have you decided on whether or not to accept the offer from them?!
Yes, I have decided to go to LC. I'm looking forward to it. I'm very excited. I hear its a thorough, yet tough program, but I'm up for the challenge. Have you decided to go?
- 0Mar 28 by mas28Oh my its been a long time since I've been on this site! I had to blow off the dust bunnies. LOL! I've been busy with nursing school. I like the program, its a tough program. So worth it. I did the accelerated program so I'm getting my bsn in two years. I started summer of May 2013, and now I'm finishing up junior year technically. So when you start, I will be a senior. Cant wait. I graduate May 2015! Yeah !!!! I've learned a lot. Its a tough tough program. You'll love it and hate it at times. Be positive, study hard, and be succesful. Nursing school is really as hard as they say it is!. I work and have a family, so if I can do it, so can you. Good luck. Inbox me for any questions and welcome to LC nursing!
P. S. What entry route are you accepted to? Traditional or Accelerated? If accelerated, what's your previous degree in?
- 0Apr 8 by opx322Is the program really two years?
I just found out about this program and supposedly the deadline is May 31 for the fall semester. I'm not sure if that means May 31 of the year prior to the fall semester you wish you start or May 31 of the fall semester of the year you wish to start
I'll be calling tomorrow and hopefully I'll get some answers