Is there anyone accepted to Lynchburg College Accelerated Nursing Program.Register Today!
- by mas28 May 21, '12Hi eveyone,
I am a old pro to this all nurses thing. I recently was accepted to Lynchburg Colleges
Accelerated nursing program. I applied and didn't get into VCU's AMSN program. So this is my backup, and it worked out so.... I was wondering if there was anyone else out there waiting to start.
Looking forward to chatting.
- Aug 7, '12 by bsfryeHi there,
I have recently been considering the accelerated BSN program at Lynchburg. Congratulations on your acceptance! Would you mind providing some of your background and stats, I'm very worried about my undergraduate GPA being too low for admission. Thanks again!
- Aug 7, '12 by mas28Thanks bsfrye, and I don't mind sharing my stats at all. As you know from considering Lynchburg College, they require at least a 3.0 for undergrad and prerequisite gpa. They require stat, a&p I and II, nutrition, chem of life, and developmental psych. So I had all A's in and a B in my preq's. I received a B in statistics. My prereq gpa was a 3.8, but my undergrad gpa was a 3.14. So don't count yourself out if you undergrad gpa isn't the best. I think like most nursing schools, they look at your sciences and prereq gpa. Because really, they don't care what you got in economics or english 111, otherwise they wouldn't put specific prereqs for prosepective students.
The deadline for May 2013 is April 1st for the program. It's a new program and the first time they are doing it. It's a 2.5 year BSN program for people like us with a BS already.
If there are any other questions you have, please feel free to let me know. If I don't know already, I can definately find out for you.
Good Luck bsfrye,
p.s Oh my background is surgery. I have been a surgical first assistant for the past 4 years.
- Mar 14 by kieri310Hi mas28! I too was accepted into the accelerated nursing program and leaning toward going there! Have you decided on whether or not to accept the offer from them?!
- Mar 17 by mas28Quote from kieri310Hi Kieri310,Hi mas28! I too was accepted into the accelerated nursing program and leaning toward going there! Have you decided on whether or not to accept the offer from them?!
Yes, I have decided to go to LC. I'm looking forward to it. I'm very excited. I hear its a thorough, yet tough program, but I'm up for the challenge. Have you decided to go?