MCI Student RN ProgramRegister Today!
- by sunshine327 Aug 8, '08i need some advice from people who have completed all of the three prereq for the rn program at mci... if you have is it hard taking all three prereq's in one semester? based on the school and professors there? do they take you at fast pace?
- Aug 8, '08 by mom78Well I did not take all three at once, but I took computers and math together and they were simple. I am sure I could have managed all three at once, but I am not sure I would have wanted to. The chemistry is the toughest, but the professor at Virginia Beach does a good job, I did well in the class, but I did have to study a lot. I guess it all depends on what kind of student you are, and when was the last time you had chemistry. For me it had been 13 years, but for the girl next to me who was 18 and just took it in high school, it was a breeze.
Hope this helps!
- Aug 8, '08 by nursn4meI was wondering the same thing as well. I am scheduled to take the Chemistry class 9/15 then math and computer class is in October. I am so scared I will not do well in the Chemistry class. I have some review notes another MCI RN student gave to me and since I have a month before the class start I figured I would use my time wisely.
If you need the Chemistry notes I would be happy to forward them to you.
- Aug 9, '08 by sunshine327thanks for the advice i will diffinitely think it through
- Sep 9, '08 by courtneyR26Hey I was just gonna say HI! I am currently in the chem class at MCI and going for the Jan program too. I actually take my final tomorrow and start my Math and Computer class on the 15th. I just wanted to tell you that reading a chem book before really helped me out and is a very good idea. Although the class is not that hard but does require a lot of study time. I too have a child but dont have to work while Im going to school. I know a lot of people that got in to the RN program and there were a few people that did not get in that I thought would. Its really nerve racking but I think.....if you can get A's in the prereqs then how can they tell you NO....But really I just say that cuz thats really all I can do. I have no nursing experience but Im a good grade student soo hopefully that will get me in. Good luck to you and if you have any questions about chem I got a 97% average so far but tomorrow will be the defining factor with the final being 25% of your grade. I hope we both get in the Jan program then we can help each other out.... are you going for days or nights?
- Oct 14, '08 by FirefightersWifeWhat is the schedule like for this school? I work full time, and really can't afford to quit my job to take the nursing classes at a community college. I have started at a CC, but I would like to look into other options as well. I'm currently in a math class at JSRCC, so would I have to take their math class too?
- Oct 14, '08 by the six of usQuote from FirefightersWifeMCI has a day and evening program. I am trying to get into the evening program and it is M-F, 5:30-10:30pm and occasionally Sat. and possibly Sun. (but I am not too sure). The day classes I am not too sure about the specifics. As far as the math class goes, I had previous college level math classes and I got them transferred in so I didnt have to take their math...but that is also provided that you do well in the math section of the TEAS (nursing entrance exam). Hope that helps!What is the schedule like for this school? I work full time, and really can't afford to quit my job to take the nursing classes at a community college. I have started at a CC, but I would like to look into other options as well. I'm currently in a math class at JSRCC, so would I have to take their math class too?
- Oct 15, '08 by L&D~VBNurse2BAnyone starting the Pre Req Chem class on the 20th for nights?
If so, see you there!
- Nov 1, '08 by RN2B12/2008Hello All,
I am currently an RN student at MCI newport news is that where you guys are going? if so I have lots of chemisty notes and advice if you have the same teacher I did. I am in A&P II right now and will start Micro soon. So if any of you want notes from any of the classes let me know..