J Sargeant Reynolds nursing programRegister Today!
- by heaverboo Jan 13, '08I'm currently in my last semester at J Sargeant Reynolds taking Peds this 8 weeks...i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for studying, passing or just general comments about Peds and I'm also open for suggestions for med-surg as well, which begins in March.
The readings are very over whelming and i'm not quite sure how to study with the chapters being so long. I've tried typing notes for each chapter being ready, but I think it'd be impossible to do it for each chapter.
Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated....
- Sep 24, '09 by tiffdeandreAre u in the LPN program, if u are, did you have to do any oral presentations or reports in the nursing classes?
- Sep 26, '09 by FirefightersWifeWhat about joining a study group? That way maybe you can each take 5-10 pages, or something along those lines, and focus on that, then get together and quiz each other on your section.
- Jun 14, '10 by Noles07Is anything planning to apply to the JSRCC RN program from spring 2011? I was wondering if anyone knew how difficult it was to get accepted into the program.
- Aug 17, '10 by yinxuehui1983Quote from Noles07Is anything planning to apply to the JSRCC RN program from spring 2011? I was wondering if anyone knew how difficult it was to get accepted into the program.
They have gotten rid of the waiting list. Now it's either you get in or you don't. When i applied last year my GPA was around a 3.7 and i already have a bachelors of science in psychology from VCU (that excluded me from taking the NET exam ) and i didn't get in the first time. The school hold on to your application for another semester before you have to apply from the start again and i got in the second time. It is still tough to get in, i have a friend who applied with me and she still can't get in after trying 2 years but she is in the LPN program now trying to get to RN when she's done.
- Sep 3, '10 by Noles07Okay - thanks for the FYI. I have a BA too, so I was exempt from the entrance exam. I currently have a 3.75 GPA. Hopefully, that will be good enough!
So, how are you liking the program?
I am trying to decide between JTCC and JSRCC.