ISU Lpn to RN BSN program students from VA?Register Today!
- by Shimmergirl Aug 24, '08I am a current LPN looking to get my RN. I was doing Excelsior's program but due to changes by the BON I am switching to ISU and getting my BSN. As part of the ISU program you have to set up local clinicals with a preceptor. I was wondering if anyone else has done/is doing this program and if so how and where did you set up clinicals? It will probably be a year or two before I am ready for that part, but I want to be ready ahead of time. Thanks in advance! Oh and I am in the Hampton Roads region of VA for reference.
*MODS please don't move this thread as it applies to specifically to VA residents even though it is about a distant learning program*
- Aug 24, '08 by LunahRNI thought that ISU would assist with getting those set up, but I could be wrong.
I just wanted to wish you good luck! It's great that you didn't give up after our BON closed the Excelsior door.
- Aug 25, '08 by ShimmergirlThanks for the well wishes. ISU told me that I have to provide them with a name and contact number for a person to do clinicals with, and then they negotiate a contract for me, then I arrange the specific times/dates. I was just hoping someone else had already done the program and had a clinical site already set up near me that I could use as a spring board. I guess I will work it out when the time comes.
- Aug 26, '08 by toicoleOn the ISU website there is a list of preceptors, one of which I believe is in the 757. Scroll down the list there are a couple from VA, but one I remember in your area. Good Luck! How long will it take before you are finished?
- Jan 5, '11 by tifsanHi Shimmergirl. How is ISU? I'm from the 757 also and I'm interested in this program. Please give me some feedback! Thanks