George Mason Accelerated BSN - Fall 2013 Applicants - Page 6Register Today!
- Apr 25 by sKrisI would suggest NOT attending the May orientation. The nursing school had very little information to pass along at that point. If you wait until June you will likely get more of your questions answered.
- Apr 25 by SuzyQ2011Quote from k8acicada09Congrats! Does the nursing school require additional immunizations than the general school? I would think I would have to do some of the immunizations and physical at the same time. Does GMU have a physical form?Hey All!
I also have been accepted to the BSN program!! (phew!) I figure this is a great way to stay in touch with future classmates and help communicate before classes start. I actually called the nursing admissions office yesterday to confirm receipt of my signed contract, so if you're paranoid like me just give them a call and they'll let you know! I also asked about orientation because I wasn't sure if there was a separate nursing orientation aside for just transfer students; apparently there is not one specifically for nursing. You just need to attend George Mason's generic orientation (in my case transfer). They offer day and evening sessions for transfers; last I checked there is only one date available in May so far. There should be others throughout the Summer, but I think I might wait to get my immunization records in line first before I go to orientation. Congrats to all who have been accepted! I look forward to hopefully meeting y'all soon
- Apr 25 by sKrisYes there are extra immunizations. They provide a physical form, but you are not required to use it. Some requirements also have a designated time frame, so if you jump the gun you'll have to do it twice (like the drug test).
- Apr 26 by axp7004Hey everyone! I too received my nursing acceptance letter last week and will be one of your cohorts
Just wanted to say that I was also one of those people waiting for the general Mason transfer acceptance and it came in the mail today. It was dated April 24 so it looks like these just came out.
Lookin forward to this August!
- Apr 30 by oneluv4bHello fellow future nurses,
I was accepted to GMU's accelerated nursing program for Fall 2013 and am very excited about it. A bit scared and nervous too of course. I have a question about clinical assignments. First, when after starting do we go to our clinical site for the first time? Does it start right away the first week of classes? Also, once assigned to a clinical site such as Prince William or Fairfax hospital etc., are we switched throughout the program to various areas of nursing within that site or are we sent to other sites? Thanks!
- Apr 30 by oneluv4bI got into Marymount as well.......will be going to GMU though as it was my first choice, more convenient area wise and way cheaper lol. Getting it all in in three semesters will be quite a ride though.
- Apr 30 by k8acicada09Has anyone set up their Mason e-mail account yet?? Just curious since the offer letter mentioned that we need to send it to the BSN department for communication over the Summer. If anyone has/knows how to do that yet please let me know! Thanks!
- Apr 30 by SuzyQ2011Quote from k8acicada09Has anyone set up their Mason e-mail account yet?? Just curious since the offer letter mentioned that we need to send it to the BSN department for communication over the Summer. If anyone has/knows how to do that yet please let me know! Thanks!
No, maybe it's something you do at the orientation? I did receive an email from the Dept on my regular email account yesterday just saying they received my intent letter to enroll in program and that to expect further communication mid-summer regarding immunizations, physical, registration for classes, and criminal background check. I was hoping we would get information on that sooner rather than later. Congratulations!
- May 3 by SuzyQ2011Thanks for the link. I signed up for one of the orientations in June. I hope to get some of the requirements like immunizations and physical out of the way by the orientation.