- by WildcatFanRN Feb 18, '09I have an interview at Carilion next week and will be driving in. Anyone know of nice places to eat that are reasonably priced. I've heard The Home Place is nice as well a some downtown spots. Anywhere else? Nice place to work?/Live?
- Feb 18, '09 by AtheosIf you are talking Roanoke, try Luigi's. It's on 221 (Brambleton). Awesome Italian food and I am an Italian food snob. It makes Olive Garden look like that hot dog guy on the corner
Not too expensive but kinda crowded on Fridays and the weekend. NEver been there any other time. They are only open for dinner though.
There may be better. I'm not a Roanoke native.
- Feb 19, '09 by WildcatFanRNItalian food that's reasonably priced, and good is hard to find LOL. Olive Garden, I love the soup and breadsticks. Used to like the food, but the last time I went I wasn't impressed.
I read that there is a trolley from the hospital to downtown, does it run on weekends?
- Feb 22, '09 by WildcatFanRNTexas Tavern??????? Hmmmmm........sounds good.
Know any good buffet's. I think there is an Indian place I saw online that has a lunch buffet.....
- Feb 22, '09 by WildcatFanRNWe ate tonight at Great 611 Steak Co. While driving around Tanglewood Mall we saw a place called Cheeburger Cheeburger. I've never heard of the place, but I wish we had found it before we ate at the other place LOL. We definately over spent at this place, even though the food was ok.
- Feb 24, '09 by WildcatFanRNWell, my interview..actually interviews went ok IMO. So now the waiting begins. I do need to send either thank you cards, or thank you emails. Hmmm can you send thank you emails?
- Feb 25, '09 by AnerooI would do cards! I would print mine on resume paper and mail it in.
- Mar 1, '09 by smn2010never send a thank you card; although you can send an email with your letter attached. always a letter of thanks while also including a paragraph about your strengths, why you would be an asset, etc. to "help" the interviewer to remember you--especially if there were several interviews for the same position. also, don't forget to include a telephone contact number.
good luck! i hope you get the job--if it is truly what you want.