I was hoping I could get a little advice about UVA's CNL program. This looks like an excellent program and I will be applying for a May 2014 start date (deadline is Oct 1). I'm basically putting all my eggs in one basket with this one, but I have fallen in love with the school and the program!
Here are my current stats:
- Graduating Magna Cum Laude from Liberty University (May 2013) with a BS in Healthcare Management. (3.7 GPA)
- I have volunteered at the local hospital both at the information desk and as a patient representative in the emergency department. The info desk was 1 day per week, and the ED was 1 day every other week--would have liked every week for that one, but demand was high for this position. My volunteer experience is not as extensive as I'd like, especially since I've had to take time off for my CNA class, but I plan on resuming it upon completion.
- I'm currently in the last week of a CNA program, where it seems very likely I will be nominated class valedictorian (I was surprised they even practiced that, but it is what it is I guess
- I satisfy all pre-req requirements except for A&P 1&2, which I intend to complete over the summer.
- Once I pass state boards for my CNA licensure, I plan on getting a limbo job mostly for clinical experience while I work my regular job (mostly to save money for school since I have a husband and a young son as well).
I guess what I'd like to know is what anyone's experience has been like with UVA, what their stats were like, and what the interview is like (from what I understand, its just a short phone interview, but I'd like to know what typically gets asked, etc).
I'd appreciate any insight anyone has on the subject!!