- by liason Jul 15, '07I would like to know how much the nursing program at Draper's Ameritech is. I really don't want to go through the song & dance of touring their facility, hearing their little speeches, etc. I just want to know their cost so I can decide if it is worth it instead of waiting for SLCC.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=236414©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,593 Views
- Jul 31, '07 by krazy_coconutsHi Liason, I'm in the second semester at Ameritech and have been really happy with it. The cost is 38,000 (which I know sounds like a lot) but if you're in the situation I'm in...had one more year of prereqs left and wasn't crazy about waiting an additional two years on the SLCC waiting list, its completely worth it!!
Anyway, I hope that helps and let me know if you have any more questions- best of luck to you!
- Sep 4, '07 by Euskadi1946Is Ameritech NLN accredited?
- Sep 17, '07 by tmulderNo it is not accredited. They are in the process of trying to get accreditation right now.....the site visit is set for sometime in 2008. That's all the info I have though.
- Oct 29, '07 by akowensI just graduated from Ameritech and I only had loans for 26,000 because I had a lot of pre reqs done. I know they are ABHES accredited, and they should get their site visit from NLN in the spring of 2008. I have no doubt that they will get their accreditation. I loved the school and just secured a job at the new IMC in Murray in their PACU. Gotta love it.
- Oct 31, '07 by krazy_coconutsHey akowens congrats on graduation and the job offer! I'm now in semester 2 at Ameritech and have enjoyed the school as well.Last edit by krazy_coconuts on Oct 31, '07
- Dec 10, '07 by tmulderI am glad that I went to Ameritech. It was pricey but I now am working in Labor and Delivery, the job I have always dreamed of. And to think I would still be plugging through UVSC or waiting on SLCC's list.........YIKES!
- Feb 26, '08 by testpilotbHow long did it take you guys to get Jobs? I have signed an enrollment agreement with Ameritech, but I am concerned about the school and what hiring managers think of the "tech" schools
- Feb 26, '08 by tmulderI was offered a job during my preceptorship before I had graduated. So for me finding a job was no big deal. I don't think most managers have a problem hiring from tech schools as long as the nurse is good. Work your tail off in clinicals and you will stand out to the nursing staff and they will put in a good word for you. It worked for me and for a few others i know
- Aug 2, '08 by Channing6754I was accepted into the nursing program yesterday and the price for the RN program is $42,000 without any prerequisites done.