Primary Children's Medical Center Nurse Residency June 2013
- 0Apr 23, '13 by nurse_2365I will be relocating from CA to Salt Lake for PCMC's nurse residency program in June! Any other new grads out there beginning the same life adventure?
- 0Apr 29, '13 by nurse_2365Hi beach it! What unit is your interview for? These are some tips I can suggest based on my interview:
1) Prepare a tell me about yourself, think about what your future goals are, what your expections are from PCMC, give some thought on what your professors would say about you, and also know why you want to work for that unit and this hospital.
2) Prepare to answer some behavioral questions such as, "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a patient or family."
3) Be able to talk about family-centered care such as what it means to you and your experience with it.
Good luck on your interview and let me know how it goes!
- 0Hi nurse 2365!
Thank you for the prompt response! I applied to both the PICU and NICU, so I am not entirely sure which unit they are considering me for, but I believe it is the NICU! (I hope so anyway). But...I would be so incredibly happy with either.
Did you also have a phone interview first? And if so, what was the follow up process (interviews...did you fly out there to visit etc..?) Since this is so close to the start of the program, I am assuming I am a "second round consideration" applicant...or something like that. If you are not opposed to it I can send you my email and we can talk that way...
Thanks again for your info, extremely helpful!
- 0Apr 29, '13 by nurse_2365I too had a phone interview on a Wednesday and then I waited for 1 week to hear back. I am sure the wait depends on how many more applicants they plan to interview after you. I only had the phone interview and then got the job offer so I have not visited the hospital. I don't mind exchanging emails, what is your email? Also, I would suggest you call and ask what position you are interviewing for and who is interviewing you if you don't know. I asked those questions since I had also applied to more than 1 position.
- 0May 22, '13 by HeatheredI wanted to introduce myself on here. I will also be relocating from California for the June new grad program in the NICU! I am very excited for this new adventure! I was also curious to know if you all have received your Utah RN license yet. I received my offer last Tuesday, 5/14 and sent in my application and fingerprints the next day, so I don't know that I will have it by the start date. I look forward to working together!
- 0May 22, '13 by beach itHi!
I also got an offer for the NICU on the same day as you. I sent in my application a few days after because I had to go get my fingerprints done. Are you licensed in CA? I am and I sent in my endorsement form a week before I got the offer. CA BON says that will take 4-6 weeks for that to process. I called UTAH BON today and they said that it generally takes 4-5 weeks for them to process your application....which will definitely not be in time for the start date of 6/3....
Is your start date 6/3 as well?
When I spoke with HR they told me that may push back my start date if the license doesn't come through in time. Did they tell you that too?
I look forward to working with you too!
- 0May 23, '13 by nurse_2365Quote from HeatheredCongrats on the job offer, so exciting! I now have my UT license and it took about 2.5 weeks for it to be posted. What part of CA are you from?I wanted to introduce myself on here. I will also be relocating from California for the June new grad program in the NICU! I am very excited for this new adventure! I was also curious to know if you all have received your Utah RN license yet. I received my offer last Tuesday, 5/14 and sent in my application and fingerprints the next day, so I don't know that I will have it by the start date. I look forward to working together!
- 0May 24, '13 by HeatheredHi all!
I spoke with the Utah DOPL today and was told my application was received and would take another 2 weeks most likely. I sent in my CA verification form the same day, so it will definitely be a while. I am also scheduled to start June 3rd and was told they might have to push the start date back. It is nice to know there are others in the same boat! I am curious how this will impact our class schedule and everything. I am from the San Francisco Bay Area, where new grad jobs are few and far between! I'm looking forward to meeting you all and this new adventure!