I am a student at nightingale college in Ogden. I Can tell you why I chose to come to this college.
- You get good professor/ instructor to student ratio. All the instructors take the time to explain things and won't let you walk away with questions about your concerns.
- It's super convenient to do lectures. The first semester you go in for most lectures but the second semester it's all online. So I can listen to it live or listen to it when ever I want during the week. I can be in my own environment that best fits me to learn the material. I can reply lectures and pause them to write down the information I need.
- I'm now into my 3rd semester and my group is great to study with and to help me figure out questions I might have. Study groups easily from with in the first day of coming to the college. The class groups are small (mine is 18 students), you get to know them really well and enjoy being around them to study or just be at school.
- Clinical rotations range all across the nursing spectrum. You can really get a feel for what kind of nursing you would like to go into after you graduate.
- The college sets you up with a lot of material to reference from so, if you don't quite get a concept, you can always find more information through books, instructors, or the web.
- The college really focuses on critical thinking so that when it comes to tough questions on the test you can really think through things. It's a great set up for the NCLEX and term finals.
- The college gives you independence and autonomy to become your number one advocate for your education. They give you the material and the dates to do it by and you schedule it all in your time frame.
- There was no wait list to get into the program, I signed up, applied and got in. A Lot less stress to get into a nursing program
- At the interview and throughout my time here at the college I have only heard from instructors, faculty, and staff about how they are going to help me succeed and graduate. They want to see me graduate and become a nurse just as much as I do. The college staff has a good support system for student.
- It's a faster program, 16 months. Meaning, get ready to study hard and learn a lot of material.