- 0Nov 28, '08 by kerouac01Hi, I'm a medsurg RN with 3 years experience and my BSN. I was wondering if I could get some info on the Huntsman Cancer Center.
1. What kind of training is offered to someone with no oncology experience? (I wouldn't be moving in time to be part of their oncology residency program)
2. Do the nurses get floated often throughout the hospital? or typically just stay on the floor where they work full time?
3. What kinds of shifts/scheduling are available? If someone wanted to only work nights is it typically okay?
4. Do they need a lot of help there? I know there are a lot of nursing schools in SLC, so I wasn't sure.
Thanks for the help. I'm new to the board and am finding a wealth of info on here.