UTA Spring 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on UTA Spring 2013 in University of Texas Arlington Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hello everyone! Just wanted to start this thread for anyone planning on attending UTA's nursing...by tnuh Mar 24, '12Hello everyone! Just wanted to start this thread for anyone planning on attending UTA's nursing program in the Spring of 2013.....
I am working on the last of my pre-reqs right now at TCC, but I plan on attending UTA this fall to take Intro to Nursing, Patho, and Pharm... Anyone in the same boat???
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=689766©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 76,411 Views
- Mar 25, '12 by nici0513I'm in the boat with you! I'm taking the last of my prereqs at LoneStar N. Harris and will be moving this summer to Fort Worth so I can attend UTA in the Fall. I'm going this Wednesday to talk to my advisor because I took Pharm last fall but they want to see the syllabus to determine if they will give me credit for it or I'll be taking this Fall with Patho and Intro to Nursing. Hope they take it because I don't want to take it again, it was intense but I still managed an A! Good Luck and I'll be keeping in touch.
- Mar 25, '12 by tnuhWelcome nici0513! Thats great that your moving to Fort Worth. I think your going to love it, I do. Have you already applied to the program at UTA? I haven't applied yet because I want to wait for this semester to be over so that my grades could be posted onto my transcript and hopefully raise my GPA... so in other words.. My GPA isn't ready yet.
- Mar 25, '12 by nici0513I haven't applied to the nursing program yet either, I have to wait until the end of this semester also because I'm currently taking Micro and Chemistry, so...I wouldn't have enough science credits to apply yet. I applied to UT-Houston Science Center for this coming Fall because their program only requires 8 science credits to apply and you take Pharm, Patho, and Intro to Nursing in their program, so I was so anxiously waiting on my response when life changes alter your plans and now I'm moving this May to Fort Worth. I won't receive a response back from UT-HSC until April 15th at the latest, even though I will have to give up my spot if I get in, I'm still curious to know! Everything happens for a reason, I believe, and I know I will love Ft Worth, and my mother and sister live there who are going to be such a great support system. I'm super excited!!
- Mar 27, '12 by tnuhWOW! UT-HSC is impressive... I think UT Arlington is a great school as well. It's one of the top five or ten nursing schools here in Texas. I just really can't wait for this semester to be over already so that I can start the application process. It's exciting! How is Chem and Micro going for you? Micro, for me, was hard. I think it was because I really under-estimated it.
- Mar 29, '12 by nici0513Well...I had my appt with my nursing advisor at UTA and they are going to accept my Pharm from LoneStar! :spin: But, they will not count my Chem 1405 because it is Intro, it has to be General Chem 1411!! She said I will have to enroll in it this summer I and she will go ahead and let me enroll in April for Patho and Intro. to Nursing for the Fall semester. I was so disappointed because I was thinking I would have the whole summer off for a break and I'm making an A in Chem now that wont even count . Oh well, gotta take the good with the bad! Micro is going great for me, I have a super great professor! I have to work my butt off for it, but I'm making an A. My advisor said that I have a real good chance of getting accepted because I'll have a 4.0 in my sciences and 3.7 in my over-all GPA, but then again...it all depends on how many applicants especially because I won't have any special considerations like those applying who have taken their sciences at UTA or have completed 30 + hrs at UTA. Just hoping for the best!
- Mar 30, '12 by Camille2013Will ya'll be doing traditional BSN for Spring 2013?
- Mar 30, '12 by nici0513@Camille2013,
Yes, I will be doing the traditional BSN.
- Apr 1, '12 by kmlnielsenI am applying to TWU this fall. When I was looking at all the BSN programs in the metroplex I attempted to contact someone at UTA because I have two degrees (I wanted to see what would count towards prereq's) and they told me nobody would speak to me prior to admitting my nursing application. I was shocked since advisors at Baylor, TCU, and TWU had already spoke to. Were y'all able to speak to someone prior to applying? Because of this I am not inclined to apply. I'm not sure if this is common practice and I reached the wrong person on the wrong day or what.
- Apr 1, '12 by nici0513kmlnielsen:
I haven't turned my application into the nursing program yet, just to the University but you can go to the nursing advising office on Wednesdays if you want to speak with an advisor without prior enrollment into the University. They call it "walk-in Wednesdays" but you have to come EARLY about 8 a.m. (an hour before they start at 9 a.m.) and sign your name on one of the appointment times because they fill up fast and then will refuse to see anyone after the time slots have been filled. But, if your just wanting to see what will transfer, they have a transfer guide on their website. Hope that's helpful to you!