UTA Spring 2013 - page 4
Hello everyone! Just wanted to start this thread for anyone planning on attending UTA's nursing program in the Spring of 2013..... I am working on the last of my pre-reqs right now at TCC, but I plan on attending UTA this fall... Read More
- 0Apr 13, '12 by nici0513Yes, she was very helpful and understanding. She gave me a degree plan evaluation with all my grades transferred from my other school. I was disappointed to find out that the intro. chem (1405) I'm in now will not count so I have to take chem 1411 this summer because its a pre-req to take patho, pharm, and intro to prof. nursing but on the other hand, they DID accept my pharm that I took at LoneStar with no problem! She said that she will even force enroll me into Patho and Intro. to Prof. Nurs. for Fall, if I email her when I'm registering in order to register early. Otherwise, I would have to wait until I finished Chem 1411 in the summer to enroll for fall and those classes would likely be filled by then.
- 0Apr 13, '12 by nici0513Your welcome Codi! My name is Nicole. That's great that they can do that with your financial aid. I guess it just depends on if you have any funds left available since they give you a max for the year. I just started back to school last May and have had a FULL course load in order to get all my pre-reqs to apply for the BSN programs. Good luck with the Fall 2012 acceptance also! I applied to UT-Houston HSC for Fall 2012 and we are supposed to know our status anytime now but I've decided to move to Fort Worth by my family so I will give my seat up if I get accepted. But I still want to know, the waiting and anticipating is enough to drive you CRAZY!
- 0Apr 13, '12 by MEGREENI agree! I do not understand why it takes them 5 months to let us know if we got in or not. Most schools know in 2 months MAX! That sucks about chem. Hopefully it will make the bio and organic chem easier over the summer...I am taking Patho over the summer and I will be doenw ith all my prereqs! I went crazy the past 2 semesters and took like 13 classe so I could apply! It was INSANE! Even if you don't take the seat in Houston it will still be great to hear that they wanted you! Good luck!
- 0Apr 17, '12 by nici0513I'm really bummed right now! My advisor told me to e-mail her when I was going to register for my Patho. and Intro to Prof. Nurs class for the Fall semester and she would force enroll me since I'm in the wrong Chem class now, and have to take general Chem in the summer. She now tells me that due to a new policy, she can't enroll me until they have the grade in after Summer I. I'm now afraid that those classes will fill up by then! What is one to do?? Just hope & pray, I guess! Does anyone else know how fast those classes fill up?
- 0Apr 20, '12 by nici0513Thank you Codi and anaw! I was really stressing over this. I have to pay for the class out of pocket for the summer and would hate to put the time and money into a class that I only needed for UTA and then have the classes filled for Fall and not be able to apply for the Spring semester! That made my day! :kiss
Anaw, I'm not partnered, I'm applying for the traditional BSN program. Good thing you are though, I hear it's really hard to get into the AP program without being partnered. What Baylor hospital do you work for? I had my son at Baylor Grapevine and it was such a good experience!