UTA Spring 2012 - Page 84Register Today!
- Nov 23, '11 by JudyduckettI was wondering what happen ;-(
- Nov 24, '11 by MochachildWow! It has been a minute since I've been on this thread. 830 posts and counting?! Awesome! Congrats to all who have been accepted/waitlisted...including me- yes...waitlisted for AP; denied for traditional.
@McKinneyMom & Libra1018- Congrats! Remember...it ain't over until its over! Keep hope alive! hee hee
@katybusymom- I am so thoroughly proud of you! Congrats on your acceptance to UTHSC. I have no doubt that you will do well. Amen!
@tejas03- My heart sank when I read your post; but be of good cheer, my sister in Christ. Expect the expected (1 Thess 2:18). The enemy doesn't bother anyone who isn't a threat. You are on the right track! REROUTE. Luv u, girl!
For those who have been denied, I can tell you from experience- perseverance will pay off after while. Denial is not a sign of defeat; it's a sign of "pruning." I, for one, will be the first to say, that I had to dig deep to apply for this program once again- 2x and counting. But I will say this: "if you sow in tears, you'll reap in joy" (Ps 126:5).
- Nov 24, '11 by Libra1018Mochachild!!! So, so happy to hear from you, girl! I am surprised that you would be waitlisted for AP, but denied for traditional. I really am just flummoxed as to how they rank these applications...still makes no sense to me. I keep hoping everyone accepted elect to go to another school so those of us waitlisted can get in! I was hoping for AP, but at this point, I would be thrilled to get called in for the traditional. I just want to START already! I know you and everyone else here understand that sentiment!
Thank you for such a positive and encouraging post to everyone here. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
- Nov 25, '11 by notolaQuote from kswilliams1107I have been studying the way you are doing it. I got behind in the new material and was wondering if you would be willing to share what you have on Module 13, Chapters 36, 37, 40 and 42? I need help right now.I made note cards for the different drug classes that included the info from the drug template: MECH OF ACTION AND DRUG EFFECTS, INDICATIONS, CONTRAINDICATIONS, INTERACTIONS, AND SIDE EFFECTS. I also added key points dealing with Nurse Assessment and Nurse Implementation. I did not put EVERYTHING on these note cards, only what I felt was important. For example, I only put most common and most sever Side Effects, not every single thing listed. For some reason, using colored note cards helped me a lot. The book is very well organized if you need further explanation in addition to the modules.
- Nov 25, '11 by notolaQuote from nikkib376I have fallen behind in the new material and was wondering if you would be willing to share what you have on Module 13, Chapters 36, 37, 40 and 42. I need help right now.on the Pharm final MAKE SURE you remember to study Chapters 36 and 37 and also Module 13, in addition to exams 1-5. This is stated on the course calendar by week 9 (I think). This is extra stuff that we have NOT been tested on yet. I confirmed with Ms Todd that this stuff will be on the final. Since the final counts as 25% of our overall grade I don't want anyone to not see that extra stuff and have a shock on the final. We have had enough "surprises" in this class! For the Patho final, I am just going off of everything she listed as study tools. Her podcasts are extremely helpful for concepts you're unclear about. I am curious if previous quizzes will be of any help???
- Nov 25, '11 by kswilliams1107Quote from notolaHonestly, I haven't looked at the new material yet. I plan on spending all of Sunday going over the new stuff. I'm trying not to stress myself out about it. A new gray hair popped up in the front of my hairline waiting on my acceptance letter. lol. Sorry.I have been studying the way you are doing it. I got behind in the new material and was wondering if you would be willing to share what you have on Module 13, Chapters 36, 37, 40 and 42? I need help right now.
- Nov 26, '11 by dyellaCongratulations to all that were accepted and wait listed! And to those that were rejected DO not give up! I was just in your shoes in May 2011. I was REJECTED from traditional and WAITLISTED for AP BSN PROGRAM FALL 2011.. Waitlisters do not give up hope (AS I DID) I got a call 1 month before the program and there were 7 from just our cohort called two weeks before school started. So, it is possible! FYI: I was not partnered with a hospital. I did not have 30 hrs of consideration, nor did I have a previous bachelor's degree. I do know if you are partnered you are placed in a different applicant pool with less applicants and ranked from that pool; whereas, students like me are placed in a LARGE pool of applicants in the same situation. THE ADVISORS will not disclose were you are ranked on the waitlist ( I have attempted to ask). I understand your frustration. I Have been there. I commute 3hrs. to EAST TX Good Shepperd Medical Center. It is a commute but I am glad I got in! Please feel free to ask questions!!!
- Nov 26, '11 by JudyduckettDyella,
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm on wait- list but i have FAITH i will be called :-)
Just wanted to know how the online courses are going? do u have any suggestions? I'm taking my pharm final Monday n I'm so nervous.
- Nov 26, '11 by dyellaJudy,
Helllo!THe AP BSN prgm is very organized, but the course work is rigorous and intense. IT is a FAST track program! USE your time wisely. As for pharmacology it will be very beneficial in your nursing career, because you will be administering medication with your clinical instructor/ RN during JUNIOR 1. You will need to know therapeutic effects, adverse reactions and what the drug is used for. I was on the ER floor this semester and a patient had an allergic reaction and guess what was immediately given.....Epinephrine
The exams are challenging lots of critical thinkng very similar to Pharmacology exams (THEY are ALL RIGHT answers, but which one is THE BEST ANSWER).
the 1st semester you will have 10 weeks of clinicals 14 weeks semester course work
foundations - 14 wks
assessment- 14 wks
health promotion-6 wks
the beginning part of the semester I was like a headless chicken. I have never had a course on EPIC, but I have had courses on black board. It will take time adjusting to 23 assignments, 1 exam, and discussion boards due in 1 week. MAKE A PLANNER or whatever works best for you!
STUDY the NCLEX questions.....you will not have enough time to read chapters front to back (believe me I tried the 1st 3wks and it is impossible)
I can remember having 12 chapters on our 1st exam in foundations......CLINICALS help apply what you are learning online..
I wish you the best of luck and prepare for the ride to come
- Nov 26, '11 by JudyduckettOk if I'm not going to have time to read all ch's how do I know hwat part to read? I'm so nervous -do recommend any self-help books that may be benefial?