NURS 4465 - Vulnerable Populations (starting 8/12/13)Register Today!
- by Meriwhen Jul 24Getting an early start on the support group thread for the August 4465 class.
I heard it's second only to Research in terms of horror level...though having just survived Research, I'm optimistic about this one--it can only be better than Research was.Last edit by Meriwhen on Jul 24
- 8,418 Views
- Jul 24 by ScarletFireHi Meriwhen,
You'll be OK. Nothing and I mean nothing can even remotely compare to Research, so since you survived that, you will survive this as well. I took Research w/ you but didn't post much because I was too immersed in doing every section of every assignment every week. You know what I mean. Anyway, Vulnerable is not an easy class in that the papers are long and involved and require many many statistics regarding your specific area where you live. This just means a lot of searching on the internet and that takes a lot of time. I took it in Feb-Mar of this year, but they changed the assignments slightly since then, just FYI. So, if you read some of the posts from that term, you may wonder why things aren't quite the same in your class. The questions on the quizzes are not particularly intuitive but luckily they are not worth that much in the way of % toward your final grade. PM me when you get into it if you want and I'll see what I can do to help.
- Jul 24 by bioniclewomanI'll be in the class too. Not looking forward to it since I am taking it with adult, and I have never taken two nursing classes at once. These will be my last two before Capstone. I am excited to be almost done.
- Jul 24 by MeriwhenQuote from ScarletFireI read your horror story. I think you've had the worst experience in that class of anyone I've heard about to dateI took Research w/ you but didn't post much because I was too immersed in doing every section of every assignment every week. You know what I mean.
- Jul 25 by MBrickleI think I'm joining you all as well...doubling up with this class and holistic health...just coming off of a triple of history, poli sci and health promotion...
- Jul 25 by shantel1621Quote from MBrickleHi MBrickle, if you work full time I would strongly advice against doubling up on vulnerable and health assessment... They both are very very time consuming and require an ridiculous amount of writing... Vulnerable population papers range from 8-42 pages each week and Health assessment paper range from 4-8 pages per week, assignments are due Thursday at 8 am.I think I'm joining you all as well...doubling up with this class and holistic health...just coming off of a triple of history, poli sci and health promotion...
- Jul 25 by amyrnfaQuote from MBrickleI would definitely reconsider those two together. I work part-time and had vulnerable overlap with history 1311. I thought I was going to have to be medicated at some point. Holistic health is not so bad, but a lot of writing. Vulnerable is….I don’t think I can use the words I want on this forum to describe it.I think I'm joining you all as well...doubling up with this class and holistic health...just coming off of a triple of history, poli sci and health promotion...
- Jul 26 by LakeEmeraldI'll be in this class. Darn! I was hoping this one wouldn't be so bad. But from the comments... I agree though, if we made it through research, we'll get through this! At least we'll have control of our own lives! I'm wrapping up Leadership - not bad. See you all in class - or not. We'll be too busy writing papers evidently.