NURS 4455 Leadership and Management
- 0Mar 19, '13 by bioniclewomanAnyone else starting this class on 4/8? I looked all through the boards, and only found one thread about this class and it was not helpful. I'm guessing we would need to shadow someone in management for this course.
Just another course I can't wait to be done with.
- 7,424 Views
- 0Mar 22, '13 by TxMonciThere is no set amount of time as long as you can get enough info to complete the assignments. Look at week 2 and 4 or 5s I can't remember but it has to be someone two levels above you. Just look at all the assignments and see what question you will need to ask and things you will have to observe while there.
- 0Mar 25, '13 by bioniclewomanThanks that was helpful info. As soon as I have access to the course I will look ahead and see what I need to know. I am planning on talking to my CNO soon about shadowing her. I'm not looking forward to going into work on my day off to do this. I'm to busy on my work days though.
I got the text book in the mail today. I got it for $10 on Amazon cuz I had some cash back rewards. Yea!Last edit by bioniclewoman on Mar 25, '13
- 1Mar 25, '13 by TxMonci[QUOTE=bioniclewoman;7245125]Thanks that was helpful info. As soon as I have access to the course I will look ahead and see what I need to know. I am planning on talking to my CNO soon about shadowing her. I'm not looking forward to going into work on my day off to do this. I'm to busy on my work days though.
Yeah it is a bit of a pain but honestly it can take long or short. I happened to be there on a day interviews were done and there were lots of meetings so I was there all day but I know people that were there 2 hours tops. It really just depends on what you choose to write on as your objectives
- 0Mar 26, '13 by Meriwhen Asst. AdminQuote from shantel1621Unless things have changed since I took the class last fall, there is no requirement for a specific number of hours.I have been trying to get in touch with my advisor to find out how much shadowing hrs is required...that a dead end so over this advisor BS. Guess we will see once the syllabus is out. Anyone out there can give us some guidance on this class.
It's not so much how many hours you can shadow, as it is being able to observe at least 3 leadership functions. I was able to do mine in only two sessions (4 hours one day, 2 the next). So you could get it done quickly if you wanted to.