NURS 3425 Holistic Health Assessment - page 6
by amyrnfa 20,440 Views | 106 Comments
Anyone starting Nurs 3425 (Holistic Health Assessment) at UTA RN-BSN on Sept 24th?... Read More
- 0Oct 2, '12 by commonsenseQuote from amyrnfaYou're not the only one who left that out Amy. Your post made me go back and recheck my assignment, I forgot the mmHg as well. Guess I'll start out with a 95 on the objective assessment, still haven't heard anything as far as grading goes. Hopefully I get something with a grade back on it soon so I can get started on the Week 2 Assignment.commonsense,
I did pretty good. Better than I expected. Got 5 point docked on objective assignment for not putting my client's B/P with mmHg behind it! That was not in the grading rubric. Is there anything but a mercury measurement to get a B/P? A-line maybe? Good grief...
- 1Oct 2, '12 by amyrnfaWhen doing your assessments, make sure you put your techniques. For example, palpation of the thyroid gland, was it an anterior or posterior approach? I just thought of that when rereading my objective assignment. Don't know if it is a point deduction or not, but wanted to share and get a second opinion . I have never used the words-denies, bilateral, symmetrical or noted so much in my entire life!
- 0Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I just got back my grade for the subj assign only, I did not include the 24 hr food intake and missed an "A" on the COLDSPA part. I am very thankful that I still was able to get an A on at least one assignment, I am not being too positive about the obj one. Now, do we have to do a dietary intake for every assignment or it was only for the first one? It seems that at the end of this class we will have to put all the parts together of the assessment and I think we are going to have to fix whatever we missed the first time. Is that correct or read too much into it? Thank you for your help in advance.
The best to you all,
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream"
C. S. Lewis
- 1Oct 2, '12 by amyrnfaQuote from jadivaThat is so strange because someone asked that in our group and the coach said we must include one per subjective assignment, not one for each section. The letter sent at the first week also states at least one COLDSPA for each subjective assignment. I don't think someone could have a complaint in every system unless they were hypochondriac. Lol..Amy one of the student asked in our Q & A "Do we need a COLDSPA for each section in the subjective assessment?" and the coach answered "Yes this is required as per template instructions."
Just wanted to make you all aware.
- 0Oct 3, '12 by commonsenseQuote from amyrnfaI wouldn't hurt to put as much info as possible Amy. I feel like I'm being to wordy with the assessments too, but I don't think they're going to take points off the work being too extensive.When doing your assessments, make sure you put your techniques. For example, palpation of the thyroid gland, was it an anterior or posterior approach? I just thought of that when rereading my objective assignment. Don't know if it is a point deduction or not, but wanted to share and get a second opinion . I have never used the words-denies, bilateral, symmetrical or noted so much in my entire life!