Financial aid at UTARegister Today!
- by krazylady Aug 24, '12I received my financial aid award letter today. Is anyone using financial aid at UTA? I know we get a certain amount per semester. Do they keep this on account until the semester is over (say August - December) and then send you the balance, or do they send you the balance earlier and you just pay for your classes (I am using a loan). Since the classes aren't the traditional length, I wasn't sure how they do it.
Hope that was clear, lol. It's been a long week!
- 1,045 Views
- Aug 26, '12 by suzieQRNstudentThey take the amount out due for the semester and send you a check for what is left over. I already got my deposit. I find their financial aid process easier then most schools. I had to buy my books myself. I couldn't figure out how to use my financial aid to pay for them. Hope this helps.
- Aug 26, '12 by krazyladyThanks! Do you register for the entire semester at once or just one course at a time? I guess my concern is that they send me the money and then I have to turn around and pay them a couple of weeks later.
- Aug 26, '12 by suzieQRNstudentI registered for all the classes I am taking this semester. You have to have 9 credits to be considered a full time student. So definitely register for all of them. I am taking 2 the first half and 2 the second half.
- Aug 27, '12 by krazyladyThanks so much for your help!