Confused at UTARegister Today!
This is a discussion on Confused at UTA in University of Texas Arlington Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... So I got in for the August start date and I have a few concerns already. 1. I have not heard from...by BlackMurse1 Aug 8, '12So I got in for the August start date and I have a few concerns already.
1. I have not heard from my advisor, I am taking US hist and Fed government but I want to make sure I am on the right track to be done in 13 months. I am ineligible to take the algebra offered due to an in class final and need to know what other options I can take.
2. my financial aid award summary says I have 15,000 in potential aid but I was only offered 2291 for the entire year. I have been on hold with financial aid twice for over 20 minutes and the due time to pay is Friday and I am getting frustrated. Does any one else ever have any issues with advidor's or financial aid? Would I be better of emailing?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=768699©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 770 Views
- Aug 8, '12 by LGJManYou should still be able to take the Algebra course, you will just need to make arrangements with your instructor to have the final proctored at a location near you. I am going to see if I will be able to use either a nearby community college or an on-base education center. (I'm signed up for the August 20th class.)
I'm not certain about financial aid. I only accepted the total amount of the Pell Grant and a small amount of the loan. Have you accepted any of the award package? When I accepted part of the award package, it updated to show the amounts that I accepted. If I remember correctly, disbursement should occur the Friday prior to your class beginning.
I emailed my advisor concerning information that I needed to be faxed and I received a very quick reply. I would definitely try email if you're unable to reach them by phone.
Good luck! I'm hoping that this runs smoothly for us both.
- Aug 8, '12 by Just1nRNThis flyer:
Gives you a course-by-course breakdown of exactly what you need to complete, including the two electives required, in order to graduate.
College algebra can be taken at a local community college instead of at UTA if the on-campus final is an issue. However, many community colleges will also require in-person exams for college algebra because it is so prone to dishonesty (can easily use applications/websites to solve the problems).
- Aug 9, '12 by clewi102Your advisor won't be able to tell at this point if you are able to complete the program in 13 months, it's all self-paced and based on how much course load you can handle in any given five or 8 week session. I registered to NURS A&b along with technical writing. The course is already posted online.
LGJman is right, you can take algebra but plan to set up your proctored final at a testing site approved by your coach.
My financial aid says pretty much the same but only 2200 payed out per class session.
My advisor has been great, remember you have to include your student ID number in the subject line of your emails, or else they might not read it. Good luck, hope your situation works out.