CCNE Accreditation for UTA Expires June, 2012
- 0Apr 25, '12 by commonsenseI'm set to start the RN-BSN program at UTA in July of 212, but I was doing some research and came across the some interesting information. The CCNE accreditation for UT Arlington's Nursing Program is set to expire in June, 2012. I'm not really sure exactly what this means. I am guessing it will take time to renew the accreditation, so I guess I'll have to start the program not knowing 100% whether the program's accreditation will be renewed. Anybody else realize this, anyone worried, any input at all?
- 0Apr 25, '12 by CoCStudentNurseQuote from commonsenseas a current student at uta, i was a bit concerned when i saw this... this is the info. i found on the situation. i'm assuming since they were scheduled for an on-site evaluation fall 2011, that it was done with enough time to process before june 2012 ... anyone know if that is the case?i'm set to start the rn-bsn program at uta in july of 212, but i was doing some research and came across the some interesting information. the ccne accreditation for ut arlington's nursing program is set to expire in june, 2012. i'm not really sure exactly what this means. i am guessing it will take time to renew the accreditation, so i guess i'll have to start the program not knowing 100% whether the program's accreditation will be renewed. anybody else realize this, anyone worried, any input at all?
baccalaureate accreditation activity
initial accreditation date: april 21, 2007 most recent accreditation date: april 21, 2007 accreditation term expires: june 30, 2012 last on-site evaluation: september 2006 next on-site evaluation: fall 2011
- 1Jun 2, '12 by goingCOASTALEvery accreditation and certification known to man has an expiration date. UTA is the largest nursing school (physically, and online) in the state of Texas, and I'm most certain there are people who have the job responsibility of not losing any of their accreditations.
They will continue to have that accreditation.
- 1Jun 3, '12 by Meriwhen, ASN, BSN, RN Senior ModeratorJust checked the CCNE website: CCNE Accredited Nursing Degree Programs
UTA has been reaccredited through June 2022. So as long as the Mayan Apocalypse doesn't take place in December, we students have nothing to worry about
- 1Jun 3, '12 by commonsense