- by twindad85 Dec 19, '12Ok I am awful when it comes to Algebra. Can I use or did anyone use Algebra solving software to assist with the quizzes and exams?
- 826 Views
- Dec 19, '12 by missnurse01Have you looked at the free lectures on khan academy to give you extra help ? Or tutoring ?
- Dec 19, '12 by MeriwhenQuote from twindad85To be honest, I would talk to your instructor/academic coach about that, as doing that could be construed as academic dishonesty.Ok I am awful when it comes to Algebra. Can I use or did anyone use Algebra solving software to assist with the quizzes and exams?
Keep in mind that UTA takes violations of their Honor Code very seriously, and even one violation may result in the end of your nursing education at the school. Neverminding what violating that code would say about you and your ethics as a nurse.
Some classes allow for testing with the use of aids (open book, calculators, etc.). Others do not. It is YOUR responsibility to know what the instructor of your class allows, and the only way to do that is to read the syllabus and see...and if there is ANY question about what is or isn't allowed, to ask the instructor for clarification.
If you are bad at algebra, I suggest seeing about tutoring services, either private or at your local CC. You can also get a couple of algebra tutorial books (I wouldn't be surprised if there is an "Algebra for Dummies") to work through before the class starts.
- Dec 19, '12 by bogiesfedoraQuote from twindad85I am also not very good at math. I used several websites with practice problems to review before even taking the class. Most of these are meant for high school students, but they sure helped me. I would try going through the worksheets and reviewing the answers. I have pasted a link to one of the sites. Practice, practice and practice is what's gonna really make the difference.Ok I am awful when it comes to Algebra. Can I use or did anyone use Algebra solving software to assist with the quizzes and exams?
- Dec 24, '12 by twindad85Quote from twindad85Thank You all for you replies. Yes, I do know that using additional resources to pass a class is academic dishonesty and I would never do that during a test or quiz. I was just asking what other resources might be used when studying the problems.