Travel Nursing in St. Thomas - Page 10Register Today!
- May 6, '12 by docteriDoes anyone know which agencies will send you to the carribbean. I just spoke with one agency that offered hawaii at a low rate. What departments are offered, and what is the compensation?
Other than experience, did you need and of the alphabet soup behind your name? CCNE, etc
- May 7, '12 by mmiller371Is anyone starting orientation in St. Croix on May 21st? I just signed a contract for 13 weeks.Last edit by mmiller371 on May 7, '12 : Reason: error
- May 7, '12 by GrammaloveWarning to travel RNs. I have been made aware that PNS has dishonestly reported to a Unemployment Agency that a prior contracted travel RN had a contract that started the following day after the RNs 13 week contract ended. They even went so far to produce a fake contract and state that the RN 'did not show uo for work....and had knowingly quit/broke their contract. We think this has somethg to do with Unemployment benefits. But all false statements. Very shocking and disappointing behavior. So do not trust PNS
- May 7, '12 by WorldTravelingYogiCan you guys list the different places where you are being put up and the cost per month. I will need a place to stay in the fall for a month or two while I look for an apartment.
I know I lot of places put people up at Sapphire Village. Does any one know the price range for a studio? And is electricity extra? How much is the deposit? Anyone have these details. Or other places I may not know of. Thanks!
- May 8, '12 by tarzansjanei start st croix may 14. i fly out saturday may 12. going thru titan . this will be first time to st croix first time travel assignment as well.
- Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, what unit will you be working on? Do you have housing set up yet? I am supposed to be working on mine this week. I am getting a bit nervous as my departure date is fast-approaching! Hope traveling goes well and you arrive safely.
- I have been told that a lot of nurses stay at Mill Harbour and Queen's Quarters. I am not familiar with Sapphire Village but I will do some research. I have found places to be in the general range of $800-1200. Grapetree has studios for $650 and they look really nice but I am not sure how far away from the hospital it is.
- May 8, '12 by tarzansjanewhich agency are you going thru for the asignment? Titan is handling housing for me . i have not gotten the final details as of right now but should have them before tomorrow.
i will be working on the pediatric unit.
where are you flying from if you dont mind me asking? what unit will you be working on?
- I am going thru Worldwide. I was originally told I would be doing Med-Surg but the last I heard I was going to be in the ICU so who knows! I am flying out of Evansville, IN although I still haven't made my reservation bc I can't decide if I want to go down a few days early.Last edit by sirI on Jul 2, '12
- May 9, '12 by WorldTravelingYogiQuote from mmiller371I think you are talking about St Croix. I am talking about St Thomas as this is a St Thomas thread.Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, what unit will you be working on? Do you have housing set up yet? I am supposed to be working on mine this week. I am getting a bit nervous as my departure date is fast-approaching! Hope traveling goes well and you arrive safely.
Just looking for options on temporary housing if people know of any. I am trying to put a list together. I'll post it here when I am done with it.