Travel nursingRegister Today!
- by Angelkm Aug 19, '12Can anyone give me advise on a good travel nurse agency? Im a new nurse and i now have a little over a yr under my belt and am now ready to start traveling. There are so many agencies out there im confused! Help!!
- Aug 19, '12 by Silverdragon102moved to the Travel nurse forum
- Aug 19, '12 by NedRNStart calling them and having conversations with several agencies. Who you might want to work for will only become clear then. Every agency has their fans so asking for popular opinion before you even know what you want may not be too useful.
Some suggestions: do not give them your phone number until you've talked to them several times and are serious. You might even protect yourself by dialing *67 before calling to block caller ID. Otherwise you will be wasting a lot of your time and theirs and getting lots of calls. Forever.
You will find that you will not be too marketable with only a year of experience. Some hospitals require two years of travel before they will consider you. The standard advice in this market is to have at least two years of staff experience, and then perhaps not be overly picky about your first couple of travel assignments. Then you will make a good go as a traveler!
- Aug 21, '12 by Emma244Quote from AngelkmFrom what I have researched this one is well known and liked by students http://www.ayatravelnursingjobs.com/ ! You might also want to checkout the websiteCan anyone give me advise on a good travel nurse agency? Im a new nurse and i now have a little over a yr under my belt and am now ready to start traveling. There are so many agencies out there im confused! Help!!
www.worldwideetravel.com for any personal travel, you may be interested in. You can book hotels and transportation there. It also has great reviews.
- Aug 21, '12 by NedRNStudents? Seriously? Aya (formerly Access Nurses) has a poor reputation among actual travelers. I've never heard of a traveler who has a travel agent!
- Aug 21, '12 by HollywoodDivaMost assignments are asking 3-5 years of experience at this time depending on your specialty but you might get lucky and find some place that will accept just 1 year of experience but then again that might be an extremely horrible assignment.