travel assignment in SavannahRegister Today!
- by julesner Jun 16, '05I am an experienced RN with a varied background interested in finding a travel assignment to Savannah in the very near future. I have been doing my homework and this site, along with ones suggested on this site have been very helpful. However, I have not been able to find out much info on the Savannah hospitals and especially travel agencies with assignments in Savannah. I've spoken with one agency, but learned quickly that the agencies want you to fill out a skills checklist and application/resume (blood type and a tissue sample too?) before they're willing to give out info...even on whether or not they can get me to where I want to go. Any nurses out there with info on this? Thanks!
- 1,342 Views
- Jun 16, '05 by suzanne4Try Nursing Innovations. They have their headquarters in the South, and have many positions all over the area.
- Jun 17, '05 by KJSI know I had to fill out a skills checklist and application and all that stuff before I got any information on specific assignments also. I can understand why though. Every agency out there is trying to get the same travel positions. There is a lot of undercutting of hourly rate out there when several agencies know specifics about hospital needs. The nurse is the one who loses out because you know these agencies are always going to make sure they make a profit. That is why I understand they want all this information up front to make sure you are legit and not another agency "spy" trying to find out information about the most desired assignments. If it gets me a higher wage and better benefits, I'm all for letting them know about my education and experience ahead of time. You don't have to agree to an unnamed assignment. Nothing should be set in stone until you and the agency and the hospital agree on assignment dates, pay, department, and shift.
- Jun 19, '05 by julesnerHi;
Thanks for your replies. I guess I should have been more specific. I don't want to fill out app's, checklists, etc, because once the agency has your name and number, they won't leave you alone! I want to research companies preferably without divulging private info, if at all possible. I thought this would be a good venue for that since surely a nurse out there already has this info. Anyway, thanks.
- Jun 19, '05 by suzanne4That issn't going to happen. As stateda bove, they are not going to give you specific info on a facility because they have no idea who you are or why you want the info.
I have filled out applications before to get info and have never been hounded with calls, etc. The information that you want is going to vary greatly between companies and time of year, etc., not just facility. Needs change all of the time also.
I gave you the name of an agency that specializes in positions in the South, it is your choice on what to do with it.