- by cheryl056 Feb 17How do you get around your new city and job if you fly there. Whats the best means of transportation. I plan on short contracts. Do most companies pay for rentals, etc.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=816107©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 434 Views
- Feb 17 by RNewbieYou could have your vehicle shipped. It's usually around $700 to ship a car anywhere in the country. That may be the most reasonable thing to do depending on the length of your contract. You could rent a car. Some companies give a rental stipend. Depending on the city, public transportation may be a good, cheap option.
- Feb 18 by amoLuciaMy sister did the Travel, Flying, etc circuit for several years. She always drove her Ford SUV. Boy, could she pack that thing!!! Eventually, she had racks placced on top and she added a tow thingey. She would NOT be without her own wheels whereever she went. And she was licensed in some 20 or so states and did repeat states.
She learned to live out of a suitcase - funny because she is a collector of stuff who hates to part with things. (But she doesn't think so - just points the finger at me! LOL)
- Feb 18 by cheryl056Hmmmm shipping. How do you go about shipping a car?
- Feb 18 by meandragonbrettWhen it comes to your company flying you to an assignment and/or providing a rental car.......
Just remember that is going to reduce your bottom line and will come out of what they are willing to pay you. Nothing is free or complimentary.