Pedi Travelers...are you there?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Pedi Travelers...are you there? in Travel Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Hello traveling world!!! I am researching travel nursing to being in the fall or early winter....by NurseJackson Apr 7, '11Hello traveling world!!!
I am researching travel nursing to being in the fall or early winter. Are there many of you that are able to find good pedi assignments? If so where, and with what agencies are you going through? Thanks in advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=549461©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 925 Views
- Apr 17, '11 by HelloooNurse84This would be good info for myself also. I hope you get replies soon!
- Apr 18, '11 by IowaKidzRNI am looking to start traveling, and would love advice on good companies to travel with as a Pediatric nurse!
- May 30, '11 by LiketravlnHello fellow pedi nurses. I've been lucky and have found 3 peds positions since Oct. I've used Medical Solutions and Clinical One. Look on website for The Right Solutions.
If you want to PM me with specific questions, feel free, and would appreciate if you use me as a referral
- May 30, '11 by jenjacobi1I'm currently in the interview stage and will hopefully start my first assignment June 20th or so. So I'm still new at this as well, but I've been working with Cross Country, Nursechoice and NursesRx for peds travel jobs. There seem to be a decent amount of jobs out there especially in California and Texas. Let me know if you want more info on these companies or have any other questions. Happy peds travel job hunting!!
- Jul 6, '11 by Penny7RNI am also interested in traveling. Would I need to have any certifications such as PALS or PEARS before I begin traveling? Are these certification expenses covered by the agency or an out of pocket expense?
- Jan 12, '12 by NenjaRNJumping on board...I'm not a current traveler but would like to in Peds. Any help would be great!
- Jan 13, '12 by nurse1dayI am currently a pedi traveler and have been so for awhile. I will do either general pediatrics or pedi heme/onc. There are plenty of jobs out there for peds travelers. I have traveled with Nurse Choice and American Mobile. It just usually depends on what I am looking for at the time. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask or pm me!
- Jan 26, '12 by FutureNurse2BDont know if I'm responding too late for this thread but I'm a pedi traveler and been doing it for 2yrs. Its always a plus to have PALS....9/10 it will get you the job over most others so I would definitely get that cert. I traveled with Nurse choice and American mobile. I would say those are basically the top two agencies although they are basically sister companies. Nurse choice is top paying. Fastaff is too. Texas always has great pedi assignments (Dallas, San Antonio). I'm currently finishing up in Tucson, az. Theres always jobs in california so you can never go wrong with that state.
Hope your travels go well. Feel free to ask me more if you want
- Jan 30, '12 by IowaKidzRNAWESOME! So happy to hear there are plenty of choices out there for gen peds. I'm making the switch to travel nursing after 5 years at the same job, and am excited for the new challenge! I keep hearing about NurseChoice and lots of Peds jobs. Any others? Fastaff didn't seem to have many. Onward only had a couple. I'd love to hear any advice, info, etc - email at email@example.com! Peds ROCKS!