Has anyone heard about Traveler Files? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 18, '02 by live4todayTravelersfiles looks like an excellent site for nurses considering taking a traveling nurse assignment. Thanks for sharing it with allnurses. I gave my middle daughter the website to check out since she is a nurse, too, and wants to travel as a nurse. She emailed me this morning, and said she loved the site.
- Jun 19, '02 by BettyTI'm confused! Let's think about this for a minute! Supply and Demand. Who is really in demand? How will the agencies charge the fees back to the travelers? The reason hospitals use travelers is because they are short of staff. They are the ones in need. It would only make sense to include the expenses in the fees charged to the hospitals. Well because I like the TravelerFiles idea, I will look into it further. I'll call them to find out who is buying and who is not. I'll let you'all know!
- Jun 19, '02 by dmageein theory you're right the fee should be passed onto the hospital. The fact is the hospital and the agency have a set contracted rate and if there is an extra expense on the part of the agency they will just lower the hourly rate of the nurse. They lower your hourly rate for housing, travel, rental, bonus etc. As an added bonus the agency deducts all these expenses from their taxes. Wouldn't you rather get all the marbles and have all the tax deductions? Just a thought.
- Jun 21, '02 by BettyTThursday, I spoke with some one from traveler files and they said the profiles are free to subcribers and that there are twelve companies subscribing to there services right now. As a treveler I know from experience it's a headache to complete applications after applications and if there is a service to benefit travelers out there like traveler files, it only make sense to support the cause. Eventually, if most travelers support the cause, the majority will get certain issues to sway their way. Issues such as rate charged to companies. Based on what I understand $30 is for non subscribers and not every company like you posted. I like traveler files because I'ts the only site I can log on to put where I wish to go and how much I wish to make and get an offer right away. I've not seen another site like it. If you know of one please let me know. I'm a supporter of anything that's a good cause for my benefit. Therefore, I support travelerfiles.
- Jun 25, '02 by Brownms46Just FYI to all those to whom it matters...Traveler files original owner no longer owns it. There is a new owner with deep pockets. JMHO here...but there is a questionable connection between Traveler files and Hospital Support.
Why do I feel it's questionable??? Just because of a statement made above, and a traveler who contacted Hospital support, wanting info on travel assignments.
First Hospital Support has online, and printable apps on their website...including skill checklists. NOW ...help me understand this. Why would an agency competing against other agencies..tell a traveler interested in traveling with them, to GO to a site, where "there are twelve companies subscribing to there services right now."???
Now why would they allow that traveler to possibly slip through their fingers and be offered an assignment by a rival agency??? Now they paid x amount of dollars to advertise on this site...but they throw those who answer their adverisements back to the competion???
Somebody help me figure this one out. ???Last edit by Brownms46 on Jun 25, '02
- Jul 5, '02 by kathyann65Brownie is absolutly correct-as someone said, go to delphiforums/travelnurses and do a search on Traveler Flies to get the scoop-there is a scoop!
- Jul 5, '02 by Brownms46Thank you kathyann65,
And this is something I heard in passing from an agency that paid to advertise with Traveler files...NO it's not the one I work for! They signed up and paid to be placed on Travelers list....but "THEY" haven't received a SINGLE applicant's file!!!??? In fact they have heard NOTHING from Traveler files???
Now something stinks...and sniff..sniff...nope..not me...:chuckle
And I have a question?? Why does TravelerAdvisor has their homepage as Traveler files????:confused???Last edit by Brownms46 on Jul 5, '02
- Jul 8, '02 by TravelerAdvisorTravelerFiles is great for travelers "Brown". All you have to do is log on and you can get an assignment where ever you want for just about what you want to make! It's so good to travelers I've made it my web tag because it's the only site I know that's worth something to me! I would recommend it to any traveler! Check them out!Last edit by TravelerAdvisor on Jul 9, '02