Can I bring husb. and kids with??
- 0Aug 27, '03 by Dublin37I absolutely love to travel but I have 2 school age kids and a husband. Do any of you do this? Do you leave them at home or bring with?
I could possible bring with during summers because dh is teacher with summers off. How many days a week are you expected to work? Could you possible work 2 or 3, 12 hour shifts? Do any of you do this while your kids are in school? I am dieing to know! heather
- 1,480 Visits
- 0Aug 27, '03 by PonurseI have been traveling with my Husband and 2 cats for about 2 years. For a while the beagle was with us.
I knew of one nurse who was traveling with her 2 year old daughter and her RN mother. Also have heard of a family who travel, the kids are home schooled so it seems to work out for them.
We travel with our RV, if you have your company provide housing you might have to pay a little extra for your family housing. Depends on the family.
PS: Yes a lot of places work 12 hr shifts. So I work 3 12 hr shifts a week.Last edit by Ponurse on Aug 27, '03
- 0Sep 9, '03 by malernicuI travel with my fiance and my 8 yr old daughter. What I do is try to find an area that has a lot of hospitals around it. I get a place central to that location and can then take contracts for anyone of those hospitals. This way I can stay for a year and my kid can go to school.
- 0Sep 9, '03 by Dublin37Originally posted by malernicu
I travel with my fiance and my 8 yr old daughter. What I do is try to find an area that has a lot of hospitals around it. I get a place central to that location and can then take contracts for anyone of those hospitals. This way I can stay for a year and my kid can go to school.
- 0Feb 1, '04 by suzanne4Most travel companies pay for your transportation between assisgnments in the US or from where you are living to your new hopsital. In your case since you would be flying, you would be responsible for their plane fares. They usually provide housing or give you a stipend if you find your own, depends on the company that you are contracted with.