Aureus?? - page 2
by Cougar1113 | 4,220 Views | 19 Comments
Has anyone worked with Aureus Travel Nursing? If so, what did you think of them? I'm looking at an assignment thru them for the first time ... Thanks!... Read More
- 0Jul 26, '12 by OldnurseRNshushu have you anything positive to post on anything? I did one assignment with trustaff .... THEY are horrible. I am satisfied with Aureus and as long as I get the assignments I want I will continue. Being strictly med-surg with no tele limits me, I realize that but, it is my choice. I am not a recruiter and resent your inferences everytime someone posts an oppsoing opinion. Have a great day!
- 0Jul 26, '12 by dreamworx07Quote from OldnurseRNI will agree with you "oldnurseRN"!!!!shushu have you anything positive to post on anything? I did one assignment with trustaff .... THEY are horrible. I am satisfied with Aureus and as long as I get the assignments I want I will continue. Being strictly med-surg with no tele limits me, I realize that but, it is my choice. I am not a recruiter and resent your inferences everytime someone posts an oppsoing opinion. Have a great day!
- 0Jul 31, '12 by Cougar1113Well, I did NOT get the assignment with Aureus but I did get a perm job offer from a hospital about 2 hours from home as an RN Supervisor on second shift. Going to commute for a few months to make sure the job is a fit, and if it is I will then look at possible relocation due to bad winters here. Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my inquiry. It really makes a difference when you can get opinions from others that have "been there" so to speak.
- 0Aug 1, '12 by shushuOldnurse......the only negative things I state in a post.......are against the low salaries/contracts that travel nurses are offered by the agencies today. I am very "pro-nurse"....and always be!
A recruiter in San Diego told me years ago........... "P. T. Barnum could have made millions if he owned a nurse travel agency." I laughed and told him that I took offense to that. He said, "call me in about 5 more years and tell me that." We then played a round of golf, which he won. As I look back on that day, and see how things are today in travel nursing........I realize what he meant and just how "spot on" he was. Reading some of these posts, confirm it even more.
Travel nurses have taken pay and benefit cuts over the past 6 years or so. Anyone on this site who states otherwise is just not being honest! (or they haven't been a traveler long enough to know that) And I will never mis-lead a nurse new to traveling.....by stating now great the pay is, or how good a contract is, by certain agencies. It is not going to happen.
It is not my meaning to offend anyone. I am just stating the facts as it relates to my knowledge of travel nursing.
Anyway, football season is about to start............and will be better!!
- 0Aug 1, '12 by Cougar1113Okay ..... so I'm not taking the RN Supervisor job after all. Why you ask? Because when the final offer was made they offered me $16.64 an hour!!!!!! Yes, you heard correct $16.64 an hour to be the RN Supervisor on second shift at a psych LTAC hospital. I actually feel insulted .. They said that is all that they can pay me with 7 years as an RN because it is a state ran facility. Excuse me but I recently worked in a state ran facility (in the same state) on second shift and made $24 an hour without being a supervisor. I'm sorry but I just can't do it especially when I would be commuting 4 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- 0Aug 4, '12 by raedar63I worked with an Aureus travel nurse a few years back . She had been with them for 1.5 years and sang their praises . I too am looking into travel but all the negative postings I read here and elsewhere are quite frightening ! I am considering Aureus just becauce of the one nurse I worked with . I will be doing more research for sure.