Anyone ever heard of...Register Today!
- by zambezi Feb 5, '04Aureus or Favorite nurses???
Anyway, I am thinking of doing some local traveling in my state and was wondering if anyone has worked with either of these two companies? I am only looking to do per diem right now, I just want to see what else is out there in my neck of the woods. If anyone has any positive or negative comments about these companies, please share-- I an trying to decide which works best for me.
Also share any pearls of wisdom you have gleaned in your years of traveling--Thanks in advance!!
- Feb 5, '04 by ESRDHaving never worked for either of these companies I might not be the best resource. I have had Aureus call me late at night..Late at night meaning 1030. Took me several tries to get them to stop calling me.. Actually, had to get nasty.. I was always taught not to call anyone after 9 PM on a week night unless I know them very well.
It has been reported on Delphi that Aureus calls travel nurses at work and pretends to be family members in order to recruit them...
I used to tell my kids they couldn't call me at work unless they had already called 911.
As for Favorite Nurses I know nothing of them..
I will say that I believe agency nursing and travel nursing are quite different.
- Feb 5, '04 by seanymphCheck out delphiforums.com then travel nurses and you can get the scoop on these companies. I have heard alot of bad, negative things about Aerus.
- Feb 6, '04 by barefootladyNever heard of these agencies. But from the other posts I would be skeptical of anything they said.
- Feb 7, '04 by bbnurse23Yes,I work for Favorite Nurses up in the Seattle area...they do both local staffing in most cities and traveling contracts as well.I have a great staffer up in Seattle...
- Feb 7, '04 by babynurselsaI work for Favorite at home as local per diem. I have never had any problems. I have looked at them for my next travel assignment too, but haven't actually heard what their payrates are etc.
- Feb 10, '04 by bbnurse23I know when I asked them about a travel assignment in Phoenix several years ago,they quoted me $13/hour for someone who has 15 years level 3 NICU experience...I laughed!!!!They have supposedly revamped their travel payrates...cant tell you to what though...
- Feb 21, '04 by Brownms46I have dealt with both these companies, and if I had to chose, aureus wouldn't even be in the running!!! I can tell you my story on aureus, but if you go to the site that has been suggested, you will see the whole story for yourself in several threads! But to say it in a nutshell, DON'T TRUST aureus!!!
- Feb 21, '04 by zambeziThanks for the replies--It seems that Favorties Nurses, is the biggest agency in my area. We have quite a few nurses that I work with doing per diem with them...and most of them have good things to say- and the bad things that I have heard haven't been that bad (or a bad that I can deal with anyway). I signed up for an interview for next month...I am nervous but want to expand my knowledge and figure that this is a good way to do it...I am only going to "travel" to hospitals near my area at this point as I really enjoy working for my primary employer. Thank you for your replies and if any of you have any good tips--feel free to share!
- Feb 21, '04 by ESRDQuote from Brownms46I have dealt with both these companies, and if I had to chose, aureus wouldn't even be in the running!!! I can tell you my story on aureus, but if you go to the site that has been suggested, you will see the whole story for yourself in several threads! But to say it in a nutshell, DON'T TRUST aureus!!!
No need Brownie...Wink Wink...How's "school"