Wichita Falls LVN schoolsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Wichita Falls LVN schools in Texas State Nursing Programs, part of Texas Nursing ... Are there any vocational schools in Wichita Falls, TX? I'm having a hard time finding accredited...by Ba464 Sep 22, '11Are there any vocational schools in Wichita Falls, TX? I'm having a hard time finding accredited schools in the area besides Vernon College which I'm not sure if its a community college or not. can anyone please help. I may be moving there and need to find schools asap.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=620308©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,477 Views
- Sep 22, '11 by vpg09I'm from Wichita Falls. I graduated last August from their LVN program. It is accredited and it is a really good program with great instructors. They also have a transition program to get your RN. There is also Midwestern State University but that's RN-BSN. And it's more expensive. I believe over all at Vernon it cost me about $5000. I hope that helps.
- Sep 23, '11 by Ba464How difficult is it to get in? I'm not sure if texas's nursing programs are as complicated and insanely ridiculous to get in to.
- Sep 23, '11 by vpg09Vernon opens up to 60 open slots for their program. Once you apply to Vernon as I recall you apply for the Nursing program. You would have to go there and apply in person because the program is seperate from the college. You would have to take a entrance exam which is your basic math, science, reading stuff and they base your entrance on your score. The highest scores make it into the program. I don't believe it was that difficult to get into. But I never applied any where else so I don't know how other Texas Nursing programs are like. I hope that is of some help. I applied to the program while I was still in high school so I can't really remember what I did step by step. But I know that you do go to there office and apply there. They will tell you what you need to do to get in.
- Sep 23, '11 by Ba464oh so do they look at your prereqs at all???
- Sep 23, '11 by vpg09Not for LVN. I didn't even have my basics done. I started the program right after graduation. Now if you go for your RN then yes you will have to have your prereqs done.